Community Engagement Coordinator - Atlanta
Community Engagement | Marietta, GA | Full Time
Rise Against Hunger is an international hunger relief organization that is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Since 1998, the organization has coordinated the distribution of food and lifesaving aid to the world’s most vulnerable in countries all over the world. The organization’s mission is to build awareness and drive a global commitment to ending hunger by 2030.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will be an integral part of the day to day warehouse functions and the meal packaging events. This position will be a main support for the Manager and Assistant Manager and is responsible for shipping and receiving, truck loading/unloading, staging for events and equipment upkeep. This candidate will also manage event facilitation and volunteer recruitment and coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lives and advances the Rise Against Hunger Core Values: 1) LOVE It (Passion, Compassion, Advocacy, Optimism); 2) OWN It (Responsibility, Strategy, Adaptability, Balance); HANDLE It (Accountability, Effectiveness, Excellence, Persistence); SHARE It (Engagement, Empowerment, Relationship, Teamwork).
- Facilitate large groups of volunteers to package meals, including delivering a hunger education presentation to diverse crowds
- Ensure accurate ordering and delivery of materials for meal packing events
- Load trucks for delivery of packaged meals
- Support meal packing by staging ingredients and equipment for delivery to volunteer events.
- Maintain working equipment in the warehouse
- Maintain warehouse up to FDA, USDA and OSHA standards
- Ensure accurate inventory of finished goods
- Some responsibility for promoting Rise Against Hunger and Rise Against Hunger’s Meal Packaging Program
- Support meal packaging events through the recruitment and coordination of warehouse volunteers to complete daily warehouse chores
- Innovation/Learning: Regularly recommends and executes improvements to processes or policies within their domain, with their Manager, in the spirit of continuous improvement and learning.
- Current valid driver’s license, clean driving record and current passport
- Experience using specialized equipment such as box trucks, forklifts, and pallet jackets
- Ability to frequently lift 50 lbs., occasionally up to 75 lbs. and move pallets of up to 2,500 lbs. utilizing pallet jacks and lifts
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including most weekends and some evenings
- Ability to track and manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently
- Must be able to comply with DOT regulations
- Must be able to work in non-climate controlled warehouse
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills, comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Attention to Detail
- Systematic Thinking
- Task Completion
- Interpersonal Skills
- Self-Management- taking initiative
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience, education or knowledge related to hunger, international development and/or non-profits
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, database and internet software
- Knowledge of inventory management and requisition procedures
Rise Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace without discrimination and harassment of any kind. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME