Centralized Distribution Warehouse Coordinator
Operations | Santa Ana, CA | Full Time
Rise Against Hunger is an international hunger relief organization that is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Since 1998, the organization has coordinated the distribution of food and lifesaving aid to the world’s most vulnerable in countries all over the world. The organization’s mission is to build awareness and drive a global commitment to ending hunger by 2030.
The Centralized Distribution Warehouse (CDW) Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the growth of Rise Against Hunger’s meal packaging programs and sustainability projects and being an integral part of the day to day warehouse location functions and fulfillment support to regional meal packaging events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lives and advances the Rise Against Hunger Core Values: 1) LOVE It (Passion, Compassion, Advocacy, Optimism); 2) OWN It (Responsibility, Strategy, Adaptability, Balance); HANDLE It (Accountability, Effectiveness, Excellence, Persistence); SHARE It (Engagement, Empowerment, Relationship, Teamwork).
- Execute warehouse operations, including receiving and shipping raw materials, equipment, and finished goods.
- Ensure accurate fulfillment of materials for meal packing events (MPEs), with timely and accurate communications with satellite locations. This includes: reviewing MPE orders, staging ingredients, supplies and equipment for the orders and shipping the orders.
- Receive and process items returning from MPEs (i.e., packaged meals, dirty equipment and surplus ingredients and supplies). Place meals, ingredients and supplies in inventory storage locations (including updating inventory records); clean dirty equipment and store for future MPEs.
- Communicate, train and direct volunteers assisting in warehouse operations.
- Maintain equipment, tools, machinery, and vehicles within the warehouse.
- Uphold health, safety, and security in the workplace for employees and inventory according to all organizational standards and regulatory requirements
- Ensure inventory accuracy and minimize loss, damage, and contamination; track and report inventory information and assist in the forecasting of future inventory needs
- Track key performance indicators which could include: Inventory accuracy, operational costs, 3PL and transportation service provider relationships, on-time shipping/receiving/delivery, and MPE order fulfillment quality
- Communicate (written and verbal) with suppliers, service providers, Rise Against Hunger Community Engagement staff, volunteers, and other personnel.
- Support warehouse location tasks through the recruitment and coordination of local volunteers
- Update digital records from meal packaging events and finished goods inbounds and shipments
- Recommend and execute improvements to processes or policies within their domain, to their Manager, in the spirit of continuous improvement and learning.
- Hold, or be able to obtain, relevant qualifications, including a Forklift Certification, and DOT physical
- Current valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Experience using specialized equipment such as box trucks, forklifts, and pallet jacks
- Be able to execute all warehouse operations including lifting up to 50 pounds, moving up to 2,500 pounds with a manual pallet jack, washing meal packaging equipment, and cleaning warehouse facility
- Computer skills for data entry, including updates to meal packing events and shipment records
- Transportation management, including scheduling freight and creating paperwork for shipments
- May need to work flexible schedule including some weekends and evenings
- Ability to track and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently
- Must be able to comply with DOT regulations
- Must be able to work in non-climate controlled warehouse
- Attention to detail
- Systematic thinking
- Task completion
- Interpersonal skills
- Self-management- taking initiative
- High School Diploma or equivalent and one to two years’ related experience and/or training
- Knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and internet applications
- Previous experience with data entry is a plus
- Have prior experience in inventory and warehouse management
Rise Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace without discrimination and harassment of any kind. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER ON OUR WEBSITE