Accounting Administrative Assistant
Financial Stewardship | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
Rise Against Hunger is an international hunger relief organization that is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Since 1998, the organization has coordinated the distribution of food and lifesaving aid to the world’s most vulnerable in countries all over the world. The organization’s mission is to build awareness and drive a global commitment to ending hunger by 2030.
The Accounting Administrative Assistant position, which will be reporting to the Controller, will provide expertise and knowledge of the accounting and daily operations of Rise Against Hunger. The position has primary responsibility for daily revenue receipt, general assistance to the Controller and special assignments contributing to the success of the accounting department. This position will be based in Rise Against Hunger’s headquarters located in Raleigh, NC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads revenue entry process from initial donation receipt through the monthly donation audit and reconciliation process
- Scan and code all donations for data entry to Salesforce CRM
- Match deposits with warehouse location RfDs
- Re-allocations and adjustments to donations
- Upload and reconcile credit card donations and monitor customer accounts on a weekly basis
- Post deposits including EFT payments to NetSuite
- Support the Monthly Closing process through timely preparation of month end adjusting journal entries
- Prepare monthly donor statements
- Provide collection support to Community Engagement and Donor Empowerment Teams
- Liaison with Global Impact team to accurately report monthly Gift in Kind donations and shipped inventory; update monthly Program Services report
- Assist Controller with special assignments including annual projects and audit.
- Accounting and clerical duties such as filing, scanning, research
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Proven ability to use good judgement when making decisions within the confines of position.
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people, as well as work effectively when independent
- Customer service and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational, stress and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities, mathematical knowledge, and reasoning skills
- Detail oriented, reliable, motivated, self-starter, with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Willingness to provide excellent communication and expertise to employees and management.
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Nimble Learning
- Plans and Aligns
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in related field
- Experience using NetSuite or similar accounting systems
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel functions of pivot tables
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Experience with SalesForce CRM software preferred
Rise Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace without discrimination and harassment of any kind. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER ON OUR WEBSITE