Accounting | Charlotte, NC 28204 | Part Time
Local medical practice is searching for a permanent part-time Staff Accountant for their billing office near downtown Charlotte. You would be responsible for assisting the Controller with general accounting functions.
- Prepare journal entries for daily bank transactions.
- Sort and file statements and invoices.
- Adjust general ledgers for depreciation and other journal entries as requested.
- Draft and mail weekly vendor checks.
- Reconcile monthly bank accounts.
- Assist with tracking A/R and A/P.
- Cross check EOBs with revenue received.
- Prepare journal entries for payroll and track PTO accruals.
- Request Forms W-9 for new vendors.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly sales tax reports.
- Submit quarterly workers’ compensation reports.
- Prepare annual property tax returns.
- Maintain spreadsheets to track various items.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or relevant field
- Minimum 2 years’ accounting experience
- Thorough knowledge, understanding, and application of GAAP principles
- Experience with posting journal entries and creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/quarter-end/year end close processes
- Experience with Peachtree, QuickBooks, or similar accounting program
- Sound decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Flexible Work Schedule (20 hours/week)
- Work-Life Balance
- Long-Term Care Coverage
- 401K and Profit-Sharing