Director of CXO/CRO
CX | New York, NY | Full Time
Help us build better Customer Experience Optimization services
We’re seeking a Director of CX to join our team and help build upon our long history that reflect our performance driven, always-optimizing approach to digital marketing.
The Digital Customer Experience (CX) department is a dynamic environment where a broad set of teams, ranging from User Experience, Design, Content creation, Consumer Research, Optimization experts and Tech / Dev teams are brought together to improve online User Experience (website, apps, emails, marketing creative, etc.). The aim of the digital CX department is to maximize clients’ conversion rates, reduce churn and increase the persuasion effectiveness of clients’ communication with their prospects and customers. The ultimate goal is to grow our client’s businesses by increasing their revenue and business valuation. We understand the client’s business objectives, KPIs and conversion targets and put in place advanced UX and content strategies, informed by consumer behavior and attitudinal research, powered by A/B/n and personalization to drive revenue.
As Director of CX, you will lead the strategy, design and structure of CX products, services and optimization strategies, together with the design and development of systems, processes, methodologies and workflows the CX teams will use to deliver client work product.
You will work with the team and external partners to ensure methodologies, systems, products, services and testing strategies are as efficient and well-designed as possible to maximize utilization, productivity and high level of performance results.
You will oversee testing strategy and test design strategy across the CX team, develop and improve products and services, design the best integration methodologies amongst the teams together with their workflows and tool kits, as well as oversee the design and structure of CX services and products.
You are responsible for the quality, effectiveness, productivity and output of the optimization team. The development, training and well-being of the team members is your responsibility. You will provide guidance and support to them and act as the ambassador of the team and its expertise in the CX department and wider company.
Candidate must have the ability to demonstrate a core understanding of e-commerce, web design fundamentals, and online marketing strategy and tactics. Candidate must understand the traffic drivers that are core to online conversion and sales and the principles of UX design and human cognitive principles.
• Oversee the strategies of all CX Optimization clients – whether in acquisition, retention or engagement. You will ensure the test plans and tactics align with these strategies.
• Responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing team processes and training.
• Problem solving and client management
• Organic Growth and Business Development opportunities
• Partnership expansion
• Thought Leadership articles
• Speaking opportunities at conferences
• You may be required to act as an Optimization Manager temporarily depending on team size and client roster.
Qualifications & Skills Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Advertising, Marketing, Economics, Communications, or equivalent experience;
• 5+ years of business environment experience specifically in CRO, CX, Online business strategies
• Track record aligning the commercial, operational, cultural and strategic success in an agency or client side
• An in-depth understanding of e-commerce, web design, and online marketing strategy and tactics
• Experience in conversion rate optimization strategy and execution, particularly using A/B and multivariate testing strategies
• Experience in client management, and pushing plans through
• UX design and human cognitive principles
• An understanding of the traffic drivers that are core to online conversion and sales
• Strong interpersonal abilities to work with all online marketing disciplines and teams as well as external vendors and agency partners
• Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment and to work well under pressure
• Take independent actions and calculated risks
• A strong business acumen
• The love of work well done and done right the first time
• The desire to go just beyond the surface data
• Working with a team to jointly manage client expectations
• Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
• Proactive style of identifying and anticipating potential challenges and a way to address them before they become a problem.
Nice to have skills
• Previous experience working with subscription and publishing clients and brands
• Experience in retention and engagement strategies, tactics and metrics
• Code mechanics
• SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE, range $120-150k per year
• Exceptional benefits options normally only seen in large companies. We give you a monthly contribution and you select the types of plans you prefer.
• 401k plan with match after 3 months of employment.
• Job flexibility – our team enjoys the flexibility of working both in office and from home.
• Generous paid time off – 3 weeks your first year and up to 6 weeks per year based on tenure.
• 9 or more additional paid holidays per year.
How to Apply
Please click apply now to submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter please tell us how you've improved something or embody the Kaizen spirit. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.