Client Solutions/ Business Development Manager
Business Development | New York, NY | Full Time
Help us solve the biggest growth challenges in Subscription Commerce
We're seeking a Client Solutions / Business Development Manager to join our team and front line growth opportunities in subscription commerce. Our clients acquire and retain more subscriber revenue through our work in digital media, conversion and customer experience optimization -- all initiated through the work of a Client Solutions / Business Development Manager.
The role of a Client Solutions / Business Development Manager is to understand the strategic issues facing clients and prospects that can be solved with the right combination of House of Kaizen services and to build more value for both clients and agency through our work together. You'll work with and learn from agency Partners to uncover new growth opportunities within our current clients while developing relationships and solutions with prospects to grow the agency’s client roster.
This role is ideal for someone that has performance marketing experience in account or campaign management, has had some business development/growth experience and prefers to focus and work more on growth opportunities than day-to-day account management.
Role Summary and Main Responsibilities
- Foster, grow and strengthen relationships with new and existing clients at the senior levels.
- Partner with HoK client leads on business planning and strategies to strengthen and grow relationships with clients and their stakeholders by understanding business requirements and coordinating the best strategic solutions to achieve business goals through the delivery of services and technology across: tech stack configuration, performance tracking & attribution, media management and customer experience optimization.
- Partner with New Biz leader to interface directly with clients and prospects in support of new business development opportunities and consultative sales programs.
- Forge productive professional relationships with prospects in our pipeline, colleagues and influencers in our industry.
- Distill complex ideas into simple and compelling stories that become sales calls/meetings and presentation materials to drive new business.
- Collaborate with New Biz leader to score individual lead quality and agency fit for go/no-go decisions and transition leads from the pipeline through project scope definition and pitch preparation.
- Collaborate with New Biz leader on alignment of HoK services with client needs from initial business development & pitching through ongoing relationship and retention.
- Advise clients on how the evolving industry and performance marketing landscape affects their business - author POV’s and client facing communication.
- Attend industry events and represent the agency to audiences of peers and prospects.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Excellent consultative approach to business relationships
- Innovative thinker who has proven to bring those ideas through successful delivery
- Strong ability to create, build and leverage relationships
- 4+ years of account management experience in performance marketing whether at an agency, brand/marketer, publisher, trading desk, or technology company
- Experience with Subscription or recurring revenue-based businesses
- Google Analytics Certification
- Some hands-on experience managing paid search, paid social, display, SEO, affiliate and/or CXO/CRO programs
- Solid research and analytical skills, good mathematical aptitude, proficiency with excel
- Strong listening, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, versatile and driven to obtain new skills and increase knowledge
- Ability to organize, prioritize, work well under pressure with multiple assignments and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also be a team player
- Has experience in both new business and client work (delivery, management)
- Ability to operate in a fast pace environment, juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and work well with a diverse customer base and various internal teams
- SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE, range $65-85k per year plus commission
- Exceptional benefits options normally only seen in large companies. We give you a monthly contribution and you select the types of plans you prefer.
- 401k plan with match after 3 months of employment.
- Job flexibility – our team enjoys the flexibility of working both in office and from home.
- Generous paid time off – 3 weeks your first year and up to 6 weeks per year based on tenure.
- 9 or more additional paid holidays per year.
How to Apply
Please click apply now to submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter please tell us how you've improved something or embody the Kaizen spirit. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.