IT Support Administrator
Internal IT | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
About the role
We are looking for a hands-on Senior IT Administrator to provide excellent levels of technical support and customer service across our organisation.
This is a hands-on role supporting a network that has 80+ users, mostly windows-based laptops. The role is also responsible for all telephony (including voicemail and mobiles), firewall maintenance and includes remote users using laptops.
With support from our IT Manager to whom you will report and together you will be responsible for the support and management of all internal network IT systems. This will include all the day-to-day systems as well as acquisition and new technology development.
- Provide desk side support for 80+ PC and Mac users in all departments across the company.
- Provide 1st line management and support for 10+ Windows servers.
- Ensure system backups are properly maintained and monitored.
- Ensure optimal and reliable network services.
- Manage best of breed suppliers for support and new equipment acquisition.
- Ensure employees have capability/knowledge to use systems to best capacity in order to improve work efficiency and output.
- Liaise with the hosting & development teams to ensure connectivity and response to all internal and external web servers.
- Liaise with Hotcourses overseas operation to ensure that communication and access between teams is optimal.
- Support IT Manager
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT support/network administration
- Excellent communication and client facing skills with proven experience in problem solving and problem resolution
- Technical skills required:
- Windws Ad admin
- Exchange Admin
- Windws Imaging
- Netwrking (desirable)
- Wi-Fi (desirable)
- Firewalls (desirable)
- BES (desirable)
- Ability to understand business priorities and transform them into creative, reliable solutions
- Knowledge of a PC/Mac network environment (desirable)
- Ability to develop practical solutions, managing detail but not losing sight of the bigger picture
- Experience of working with remote operations, demonstrating a clear understanding of the creation, management, monitoring and preventative maintenance of a complex IP network environment
Our head offices in Putney, are adjacent to Fulham High Street and next to the River Thames, with a 2-minute walk from Putney Tube Station and easy access into London City. We have a complimentary on-site gym. There is also an onsite café and in the summer you can sit outside on the deckchairs!
We are a profitable, multinational company with over 300 talented and driven people in offices in the UK, Europe, North America, Asia and Australia.
We are owned by IDP Education who are a global leader in the international education industry which operates a number of related business lines including; international student placement; English language testing; English language Training; and Hotcourses. We are a rapidly growing global organisation with ambitious future expansion plans. IDP Education is a publicly listed company in Australia. Education Australia, a company representing 38 prestigious Australian Universities, owns 50% of the shares in the business with the remaining 50% held by public investors.
Every year we inspire and support people of all ages, cultures and backgrounds to make the right education choices, in order for them to have happier, fulfilled and successful lives. This enables schools, colleges and universities throughout the world to recruit students as well as being financially secure and culturally diverse.
We believe education is transformative and that we will #neverstoplearning, which is why we offer our team personal growth with exceptional learning and development.
We inspire people to learn for a better future.