Hospice LPNs-Johnson, Franklin and Miami Areas (LPN)
Clinical Services | Lenexa, KS | Full Time
A growing and diverse hospice agency is looking for experienced LPNS to work in in the Johnson, Franklin and Miami areas. Our nursing team embraces an upbeat attitude and a constant drive to learn and grow. We require our nurses to consistently relate positively with patients and their families. We work together to provide the best possible service and pride ourselves on quality patient care.
Monday through Friday 3pm to 11pm.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act.
- Implements current nursing practice following a comprehensive assessment and the plan of care.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
- Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self-plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to the interdisciplinary group. Examples include hospice aide, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietitian or Clinical Supervisor.
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- Participates in personal, professional growth and development. Also participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
Currently licensed as LPN in the state of Kansas.
Must have at least one (1) year's general nursing experience with hospice, medical, surgical, or critical care. Must understand the hospice philosophy and principles of death/dying. Must have excellent observation, good nursing judgement and communication skills. Must be self directed with the ability to work with little supervision. Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation and has ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
Hospice experience is preferred.
Subject to employee eligibility benefits include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.