Full Stack PHP Software Developer
Development | Jacksonville, FL | Full Time and Contract
Horizonline Technologies offers a unique data center facilities management solution. Our web-based software is used to manage some of the largest and most critical data centers in the world. We have a small, high energy development team that works hard every day to solve real world problems with best in class solutions to keep the our customer's data centers up and running. We are looking for a bright, seasoned, well-rounded technologist to join our development team and take a lead role in advancing our offerings. They will strive to innovate, hold high standards for his/her work, and express a sincere commitment to our customers and helping to build a solid, talented team! This is a full-time, fully remote opportunity.
- Design and develop high-performance, web-based applications with React and PHP
- Develop strong team relationships and easily adapt within a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen our platform and development practices.
- Apply critical analysis to rapidly troubleshoot, debug and optimize system defects and performance challenges
- Build secure and scalable APIs
- Willingness to take an active role in mentoring other developers
- Passion for delivering high quality software and getting "to done"
- Track record developing code-based solutions that meet real world business needs
- Strong user interface development expertise using current frameworks like React
- Demonstrated analytical and technical communication skills
- Frontend expertise (React is a plus / Bootstrap / CSS / JQuery)
- Backend experience using MVC PHP frameworks (Yii is a plus / Laravel / Symfony)
- Relational database experience (Postgres a plus / MySQL / Oracle)
- Linux / DevOps knowledge and expertise (Debian / RedHat)
- An appreciation for the importance to strike a balance between getting code out quickly and following best practices.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Minimum of 5+ years experience building web-based software or enterprise-level web sites