Transportation and Logistics Manager
Customer Success | Lakewood, CO | Full Time
Transportation and Logistics Manager
About Us …
A leader in the Biostimulant industry, Horizon Ag Products began manufacturing soluble humus products for Agriculture in 1983. Based in Lakewood, CO, we are a recognized leader in our industry and the only vertically integrated humic company in the western hemisphere. With approximately 90 employees, we operate six manufacturing plants and several surface mines. We strongly believe our products are of significant benefit to mankind and we make them better than anyone else in the world. We support a lifestyle of balanced priorities where everyone works hard and enjoys themselves and each other. We look out for one another and cherish the caring attitude and respect we have for one another in the workplace and beyond. Above all else, we conduct ourselves with integrity and follow the guiding principles outlined on our website, www.horizonag.com.
This position is responsible for the worldwide transportation and logistics activities of our company. This role will have heavy involvement with both internal and external customers, vendors, and partners and will provide logistics support for multiple sales accounts. A key function will be the support of the organization's supply chain operations by coordinating the movement of raw materials and in-process goods to ensure that production needs are met. Customer order fulfillment which consistently exceeds customer expectations is a must.
- Coordinate all details necessary for shipping and receiving of domestic and international orders using freight boards, brokers, and freight forwarders.
- Satisfy standard operating procedures based on company policy, adhering to ISO 9001 standards.
- Communicate effectively with customers, carriers, and teammates.
- Exercise good professional judgment for assessing the impact of tactical decisions/actions on the customer and the company.
- Analyze and recommend broad-based innovative improvement initiatives with a focus on defining root causes of recurring issues and curing same.
- Constantly strive to drive down costs and improve service.
- Monitor and track shipments from inception to final delivery; work with production, shipping, warehouse, and common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing/delayed shipment and keep all stakeholders informed.
- Internal Customer Service: Notify stakeholders of order status, customer issues and assist with needs as appropriate.
- General Support: Respond to e-communications, answer telephones, filing, efficient operation of office systems.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have transportation experience specific to rail, air, water, and truck.
- Experience exporting goods from USA to worldwide destinations. Relevant international transportation/logistics work experience preferred; INCOTERMS fluency preferred.
- 10-15 years of experience in related roles.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Thrive on facing ambiguous challenges and finding efficient solutions to them.
- Relevant registration and document control experience; chemical industry ideal.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective customer and teammate relationships.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to quickly learn technology.
- College degree.
- Spanish language proficiency a plus.
- DOT/IATA Certification preferred.
- ISO 9001 experience preferred.
Classification: Paid bi-weekly, benefits eligible
Position open: Immediately
Reports to: Director of Customer Success
Locations: Lakewood, CO
Travel: None expected
Horizon Ag Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Horizon Ag Products will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position