Regional Technical Sales Specialist -Northern Business Unit
Sales | Midwest | Full Time
Horizon Ag-Products is a leading provider of innovative plant health solutions. Focusing on naturally derived, fertilizer efficiency chemistries, Horizon Ag-Products is committed to delivering scientifically-proven and environmentally sustainable products that mitigate abiotic stress, improve nutrient uptake efficiency, and increase yields. For over 30 years, we have enabled producers to maximize efficiencies of their agricultural products. Our corporate headquarters and laboratory facilities are based in Louisville, Colorado.
This position is responsible for serving as the primary point of contact for our customers in the assigned territory in support of existing products and assisting with the launch of new products to meet sales and profit targets. This role will provide technical and sales support that will grow our business, which requires a blend of agronomic and technical skills as well as great people skills. Significant focus will be on equipping, training, supporting and customer planning with our dealer network product specialists, account managers, and salesmen/crop advisors. This position will build strong relationships and leverage all available assets to meet customer needs and grow our business. This position will serve as our ambassador and should have a great degree of integrity.
- Well-organized and a self-motivated individual that works well alone and with a team
- Exhibit a very positive attitude and possess an outstanding work ethic (service oriented mind-set)
- Ability to plan & organize activities, multi-task, and follow-through to accomplish goals
- Willing and able to quickly learn scientific concepts and demonstrate a thorough and detailed knowledge of our products
- Be an extremely effective verbal and written communicator of detailed product information and scientific concepts to our customers, distributor/dealer accounts, agronomists, researchers, growers, etc. in a range of environments that include everything from large group presentations to one-on-one meetings. Excellent presentation skills are a must.
- Able to establish excellent professional relationships with customers and throughout the ag industry
- Works well under pressure to meet multiple deadlines in a timely manner
- Demonstrates cooperative and professional behavior with supervisor, colleagues, and customers
- Meets or exceeds goals and objectives within budget
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned – flexibility & ability to handle change are imperative.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required / Master’s Degree preferred
- Early-mid career positions with competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Possess detailed knowledge of common agronomic crops and production practices common to the region
- Possess a positive attitude and outstanding work ethic (service oriented mind-set)
- Has a good working knowledge of computers and basic programs
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
Relationship Management – Maintains regular communication with customer and fosters partnering relationships. Responsive to customer needs and wants through planned, personalized communication
Flexibility/Adaptability - Responds to changing needs of the business; personally identifies and champions to new ideas for improvement and growth
Communication - Speaks, writes, listens and presents information in a logical and articulate manner appropriate for the audience
Initiative - Recognizes what needs to be done and takes action and accomplishes results as the situation demands
Results Orientation – Holds self and/or others accountable for accomplishing work commitments and deliverables; understands the targeted results he/she is accountable for and actively strives to achieve them; sets and achieves high standards of performance
Classification: Exempt / Salary, paid bi-weekly, benefits eligible
Position open: Immediately
Northern Business Unit – includes the Midwest
- Work from a Midwest town located within territory near an airport
Equipment provided: Company vehicle as well as computer, printer (copy and fax), cell phone, etc.
Horizon Ag-Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer