Operations | Onawa, IA | Full Time
Plant Operator – Onawa, IA
A leader in the Biostimulant industry, Horizon Ag Products began manufacturing soluble humus products for Agriculture in 1983. Based in Lakewood, CO, we are a recognized leader in our industry and the only vertically integrated humic company in the western hemisphere. With approximately 90 employees, we operate six manufacturing plants and several surface mines. We strongly believe our products are of significant benefit to mankind and we make them better than anyone else in the world. We support a lifestyle of balanced priorities where everyone works hard and enjoys themselves and each other. We look out for one another and cherish the caring attitude and respect we have for one another in the workplace and beyond. Above all else, we conduct ourselves with integrity and follow the guiding principles outlined on our website, www.horizonag.com.
Our Onawa, IA facility is seeking an individual that possesses a strong work ethic with solid interpersonal and team working skills to join our Operations Team. The incumbent in this position is responsible for production and distribution of our product line, which includes controlling the inventory and maintaining the facility and equipment.
The employee shall work well under pressure to meet multiple deadlines. At all times, the employee shall demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisor, colleagues, and all guests to Horizon’s site, which includes vendors, drivers, and customers.
- Manufacturing the products according to specifications, which includes writing purchases order for ordering and receiving of raw materials.
- Packaging the products for delivery, which includes loading and unloading trucks and using pallet jacks.
- Delivering the products when necessary and arrange transport for shipping, which includes writing a bill of lading for products shipped from manufacturing site.
- Operates and maintains a company vehicle and forklift in good working condition.
- Inventory Control: Daily checks and month-end reports are required to assure that sufficient materials are available.
- Reports all aspects of production daily to the home office, which includes Batch Reports, Packaging Reports, Inventory Receiving Reports and Scrap Reports.
- Quality Control: Includes testing the product during manufacturing and shipping samples for lab tests.
- Machinery and Equipment Maintenance: Clean and repair as needed to assure efficient production of products.
- Facility Maintenance: Clean warehouse, office, and surrounding yard area to maintain a professional and orderly appearance.
- Works well with area salespeople and other Horizon personnel to make sure they succeed.
- Attends/conducts monthly safety meetings.
- Computer skills for maintaining inventory records (Excel) and emailing (Microsoft Outlook).
- Effectively communicates internal through teamwork with all employees, management, and owners.
- Able to effectively, positively, and professionally deal with external business entities such as vendors, customers and truck drivers.
- Expediently resolves issues and follows through on details.
- Exhibits patience, professionalism, and courtesy in internal and external communications.
- Encourages a positive and flexible working environment.
- Education: High School diploma or GED.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must pass pre-employment drug & alcohol screening as required.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Experience operating pumps and mixing formulations.
- Forklift- loading and unloading pallets on trucks.
Physical requirements and skills of the position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and adjust focus. Other requirements include:
- Must not be afraid of heights.
- Lifting capacity between 75-100 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and walk.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- General knowledge of machinery operation & repair.
- Ability to operate a forklift and pass mandatory forklift training.
Job Title: Plant Operator
Reports to: Plant Manager
Job Location: Onawa, IA
Classification: Non-Exempt, paid bi-weekly, benefits eligible
Horizon Ag-Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer