Human Resources Assistant
Human Resources | Lakewood, CO | Full Time
Human Resources Assistant
A leader in the Biostimulant industry, Horizon Ag Products began manufacturing soluble humus products for Agriculture in 1983. Based in Lakewood, CO, we are a recognized leader in our industry. With approximately 100 employees, we operate six manufacturing plants in six states and several surface mines. We strongly believe our products are of significant benefit to mankind and we make them better than anyone else in the world. We support a lifestyle of balanced priorities where everyone works hard and enjoys themselves and each other. We look out for one another and cherish the caring attitude and respect we have for one another in the workplace and beyond. Above all else, we conduct ourselves with integrity and follow the guiding principles outlined on our website, www.horizonag.com.
The Human Resources Assistant aids with and facilitates the human resource processes at all business locations. This individual will be responsible for assisting the Human Resources Director and the Recruiting, Onboarding and HR Manager with administrative duties relating primarily to payroll, benefits, recruiting, and onboarding. Duties will include record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry, as well as assisting with special projects.
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including recruitment, training, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence.
- Record data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
- Aid in administering employee benefit programs, including enrollments, changes and terminations.
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
- Verify receipt and accuracy of timecards for all hourly workers.
- Assist with necessary employee updates and changes required for payroll processing.
- Other special HR projects as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Working understanding of human resource principles, procedures, and best practices.
- High degree of professionalism, adaptability, integrity, and commitment to confidentiality.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisor, colleagues, and all guests to Horizon’s site, which includes vendors, customers and applicants.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized, able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Classification: Non-Exempt / Hourly, paid bi-weekly, benefits eligible.
Reports to: HR Director
Position open: Immediately
Location: Lakewood, CO
Compensation: $19.00 to $23.00 per hour to start.
Horizon Ag-Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer