Accounting | Lakewood, CO | Full Time
About Us …
A leader in the Biostimulant industry, Horizon Ag Products began manufacturing soluble humus products for Agriculture in 1983. Based in Lakewood, CO, we are a recognized leader in our industry. With approximately 100 employees, we operate six manufacturing plants in six states and several surface mines. We strongly believe our products are of significant benefit to mankind and we make them better than anyone else in the world. We support a lifestyle of balanced priorities where everyone works hard and enjoys themselves and each other. We look out for one another and cherish the caring attitude and respect we have for one another in the workplace and beyond. Above all else, we conduct ourselves with integrity and follow the guiding principles outlined on our website, www.horizonag.com.
Horizon is seeking a Controller who has a proven record of being a team builder, proactive problem solver and systems optimizer in manufacturing environments to lead our company’s accounting department. This position requires occasional travel to company manufacturing plants located across the U.S. This position requires extensive experience and seasoned judgment ability as well as a superior work ethic and organizational skills to plan and accomplish company goals. The ideal candidate will demonstrate leadership ability, a commitment to learning, strong problem-solving skills, effective and clear communication ability, and a dedication to the company’s success.
The position is located at our Lakewood, CO office.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
These may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Timely completion of financial statements and plant operating statements.
- Month end close including the consolidation of 6 subsidiary companies.
- Timely completion of monthly variance analysis.
- Insure effective operation of control systems in purchasing, cash, and financial reporting.
- Optimize cash management and prepare monthly cash flow forecasts.
- Prepare company-wide annual financial plans.
- Monitor capital expenditures for proper approval and financing.
- Analyze numbers and scenarios to identify areas for cost savings and efficiency improvements.
- Supervise annual audit & coordinate the provision of information to external auditors.
- Timely and accurate completion of reporting, administrative duties, and meeting preparation.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Ensure Company compliance and filings with all regulatory agencies/ taxing authorities.
- This role description provides an overview of essential functions; it does not restrict or limit the tasks which may be required.
Other Desired Qualities:
- Strategic thinker
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Superior inter-personal skills
- Commitment to ongoing training
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Business Administration. CPA a plus.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience with a minimum of 3 years as a Controller or Assistant Controller.
- Demonstrated manufacturing industry experience.
- Ability to deal with the challenges of a fast-growing firm.
- Experience with Acumatica software is a big plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Available to travel to out-of-state plant locations as needed (<5% of schedule).
Compensation: $95,000 to $120,000
Horizon Ag Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Horizon Ag Products will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position