Accounting | Lakewood, CO | Full Time
A leader in the Bio-Stimulant industry, Horizon Ag Products is based in Louisville, CO and began manufacturing soluble humus products for Agriculture in 1983. We are a recognized leader in our industry and probably produce more soluble humus products than all our competitors combined. Over the past ten years our sales have more than tripled. With approximately 90 employees, we operate five manufacturing plants and multiple surface mining sites. We strongly believe our products are of significant benefit to mankind and we make them better than anyone else in the world. We support a lifestyle of balanced priorities. Everyone works hard and enjoys themselves and each other. We look out for one another and cherish the caring attitude and respect we have for one another in the workplace and beyond. Above all else, we conduct ourselves with integrity and follow the guiding principles outlined on our website, www.horizonag.com.
This position reports directly to the Controller and helps manage the accounting team as well as contributes knowledge and business skills to support company objectives. The Assistant Controller assists with financial statement preparation, journal entries, fixed assets, etc. This position will work independently within established policies and guidelines.
The position will be located at our Lakewood, CO office.
- Support development of system-related enhancements to improve efficiency and effectiveness of setup and maintenance.
- Document recordkeeping and accounting systems according to company processes and procedures in addition to reviewing processes and identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and control.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, consolidated financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards (GAAP).
- Assistance with corporate reporting, internal and external auditors, internal controls and special projects.
- Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts, journal entries and provide assistance with analysis of trends and significant changes.
- Effectively work with teammates on documentation and cross-training of procedures to ensure efficiency within the department.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years of progressive business or accounting experience. (Required)
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Self-motivated, with capability to work with minimum supervision and accustomed to being in positions of responsibility and accountability.
- High level problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be proactive and able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills and must be able to work well with all members of the Accounting team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with Acumatica desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business with an accounting concentration.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Reports To: Controller