Applied Research Chemist
R&D | Louisville, CO | Full Time
Horizon Technology Company (“HTC”) is a leading provider of innovative products utilizing organic acid-based substances applied to the agricultural, energy, environmental, industrial, and high technology markets. Focusing on naturally derived and environmentally sustainable materials, HTC is committed to delivering scientifically proven products that mitigate against environmental stress, improve resource use and efficiency, and increase consumer value and productivity. Our corporate headquarters and laboratory facilities are based in Denver Metro, Colorado
This position requires a driven, creative, hands-on experimental chemist to execute projects for the company’s new products and polymer organic acid technology innovation efforts. The responsibilities of the candidate would include modifying and formulating with current polymer organic acid technologies. The candidate should be comfortable in designing and running laboratory to pilot scale experiments relating to novel formulation and process chemistries. The role requires an individual capable of maintaining project deadlines with a strong attention to detail and scientific communication. Extensive experience and knowledge in chemistry (organic/polymer and synthetic/formulation) and materials science is essential. The individual will possess sound scientific judgment with superior work ethic and organizational skills. This individual will be highly flexible and creative with a commitment to learning, strong problem-solving skills, and effective communication.
- Executes product modification, formulation and development efforts oriented toward commercial application.
- Identifies appropriate chemistries, chemical modifications and processes to achieve new product development goals
- Participate in new product development strategy and project definition
- Maintains project timelines and effectively presents data on findings
- Develops, evaluates and proposes product development and related research initiatives intended to drive value creation.
- Oversee and monitor project timelines
- Direct and/or participate with a team of engineers/scientists/technicians in conducting product-related technical projects.
- Assist in development and implementation of processing technologies affecting HAP/HTC product line.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Product Innovation.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Hold a minimum of a BS degree in chemistry or materials science with strong knowledge in organic chemistry and polymers. MS or PhD preferred. Relevant work experience will be considered.
- Extensive experience in organic polymer formulation and modification
- Strong academic background with experience in leading research and development teams.
- Advanced understanding of organic acid chemistry or ability/willingness to rapidly learn subject matter.
- Understanding of processing and production-related technologies with ability to interface in development to production scaling efforts.
- Understanding of product development/innovation in industry or ability/willingness to learn
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities with proven record of problem solving.
- Aptitude for data analysis and statistics and the application of these results.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
Classification: Exempt / Salary, paid bi-weekly, benefits eligible
Reports to: Director-Product Innovation
Location: Denver Metro, CO
Horizon Ag-Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer