Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Use your Front-End Engineering skills to help people understand what’s happening in the city around them.
Hoodline has built one of the largest locally-focused audiences in San Francisco today, via a neighborhood news editorial operation, and a suite of in-house technology products.
Our city data tools let us break stories about new businesses and developments across neighborhoods, while our content management system makes it easy for our on-the-ground writers to easily tell their neighbors what’s going on.
Now we’re planning new versions of our existing products, and some big new ones for our users — including a more advanced tips line and better city data tools. We’re also planning take what we’ve learned to more cities.
If you get excited about connecting people at the street level through better technology, and perhaps saving local journalism in the process, we’d like to talk.
We’re backed by a range of top tech investors and journalism leaders, including Greylock, Social Capital, the Knight Foundation, and Matter VC. Our team has years of success in consumer tech, online and local media.
We believe that the best candidates for our team are the talented self-starters that are looking for a challenge and meaning in what they build, can think locally and build globally. We offer strong compensation, early equity, product ownership and a ton of responsibility. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with our product and design team to build great web experiences for our content creators, partners and consumers
- Design, build and deploy core platform functionalities
- Work closely with designers, product managers and backend engineers
- Be comfortable following best practices and writing testable code
- Familiarity with frontend build tool such as Grunt, gulp.js, webpack or Browserify
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors such as Sass, Less or Stylus
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Hoodline are considered property of Hoodline and are not subject to payment of agency fees.