Operations | Kansas City, MO | Full Time
This role is critical to the company’s continued growth and drive toward being the best operational company in the cannabis industry. Reporting to the Facility Manager for the facility to which he/she is assigned, the Maintenance Manager will work to oversee access, security, maintenance and services of the cultivation and processing facility to ensure optimum facility operation on a daily basis that provides for the work needs of the organization and its employees. In coordination with the Director of Facilities Engineering and the Facility Manager for their assigned facility, the Maintenance Manager plans, implements, coordinates and manages all mechanical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management, and manpower development programs within their assigned production facility.
Manages the building's operational accounts and assists in development of operating and capital budgets both for their assigned facility as well as shared or company-wide systems, equipment or programs.
Hands on Assistance with operations and maintenance issues, troubleshooting and problem solving and Preventative maintenance as required.
Recommends and implements improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an on-going basis, maintains updated/current manuals from systems manufacturers. Develops/maintains effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
Coordinates maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel and technicians. Oversees all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC and electrical issues and must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends.
Maintains on-going communication with facility management team and vendors; participates in facility management team meetings as required by the Facility Manager
May assist in solicitation and acquisition of new management contracts, especially as they relate to their assigned facility. Coordinates development and maintenance of as-built drawings.
Responds to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc. and facility team concerns.
Implements and administers inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies.
Develops specifications and assists in solicitation and administration of maintenance/repair service contracts.
Establishes and monitors programs to ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agency and company directives as they relate to building operations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Due to state regulations, qualified candidates for this position must be able to pass a background check – certain criminal convictions may disqualify candidates based on state marijuana licensing regulations.
Holistic Industries hires at least 18 years of age and up.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Engineering or related discipline from four-year college or university and a minimum of four years’ experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge and understanding of all applicable practices and techniques, laws, project controls and environmental regulations to include safety regulations.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working within complex organizations, leading teams of indivdiuals from disparate backgrounds and education levels
- Demonstrated experience developing cost benefit analysis business models to justify expenditures of capital for equipment, building improvements, systems implementations, headcount changes, etc.
- Experience reviewing and understanding architectural plans for buildings and facilities including placement of power, networking, and other key areas with respect to the installation of packaging equipment and machinery in a manufacturing plant
- Ability to understand and discuss architectural plans with construction and architectural consultants and contractors
Certificates and/or Licenses:
Universal CFC certification required
Additional certification in three or more of the following: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair
Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong organizational skills, especially with documentation, time management, and resource coordination
Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
Proven efficiency and ability to prioritize and manage time and tasks for self and others
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Highly developed interpersonal and relationship management skills
Professional demeanor, strong work ethic
Able to maintain confidentiality
Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment
Ability to initiate and follow through on work independently
Ability to adapt to changing priorities
Proven problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify exist or potential problems, and recommend solutions
Strong ethics and sound judgment