Processing | New Castle, PA | Full Time
At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. Our team includes the nation’s most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances.
Our well-established company is growing rapidly and adding to our team of professionals and specialists. Our employees receive medical, dental, and leave benefits as part of our highly competitive compensation package.
Holistic Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the Job:
- The Laboratory Manager will work to organize and maintain cannabis laboratory operations and procedures. Act as a communication intermediary between cross-functional departments and business locations. Handle daily operations with a focus on efficiency and time management, maintaining intra-office/lab communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, and task delegation. Act as a liaison between laboratory, administrative, sales personnel and clients and supervise and direct Laboratory staff.
- Manage daily activities to ensure turnaround times are maintained, coordinated and communicated among laboratory, sales and administrative personnel
- Implement processes and systems to maximize laboratory efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure personnel are trained and identify needed resources and tools
- Work as a liaison between sales team, customers and the lab to direct customer questions and provide customer support.
- Ensure the lab is in compliance with federal, state and local laws, as well as with company’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure the lab is well organized, workflows are streamlined, and hold regular meetings with laboratory staff to set work priorities
- Coordinate instrument installation and maintenance project plans. Ensure timely completion of projects
- Coordinate workflow and work schedules from sampler dispatch through testing and reporting of data to customers
- Identify and implement procedural and policy changes to improve lab operational efficiency
- Oversee timely financial collections, monitor both expenses and revenue, and ensure adherence to annual budget
- Generate a variety of reports to include department performance, expense, sales, operations
- Prepare presentations as necessary and inform senior leadership team of changes in operation, data analysis, and other key reporting metrics
- Ensure security protocols are in place. Monitor proper environmental and infrastructure controls (electrical, HVAC, security systems)
- Required to maintain strict adherence to safety and Quality Assurance protocols
- Work with management team to continuously improve policies and operating procedures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, lifting, walking, standing, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: VERY LABOR INTENSIVE. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 pounds (125 pounds with assistance), may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching. Moderate to loud exposure to noise level.
- Due to state regulations, qualified candidates for this position must be at least 21 years of age and able to pass a fingerprinting background check – certain criminal convictions may disqualify candidates based on state medical marijuana licensing regulations.
- Regulations require that incumbent be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain and maintain medical marijuana work credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required
- Previous marijuana industry experience preferred with priority given to candidates with experience in licensed facilities
- 5+ yrs experience as a general manager in a laboratory environment preferred
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent management skills with demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and technical team
- Highly detail oriented and organized, critical eye for optimizing workflows
- Excellent communication skills with ability to clearly and succinctly explain organizational goals and specific tasks
- Ability to inspire and motivate employees; encourage productivity, teamwork, and a collaborative environment
- Demonstrate effective delegation of tasks
- Ability to manage and develop key performance indicators of staff members
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills with demonstrated ability to gather information and develop solutions
- Effectively manage changing priorities and remain calm under pressure
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dependability toward assigned tasks and duties
- Displays professionalism and positive attitude toward assigned tasks, projects and colleagues
- Strong ethics and sound judgment
- Must be able to successfully pass a thorough internal and external background check