Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources | Washington, DC | Full Time
At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. Our team includes the nation’s most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances.
Our well-established company is growing rapidly and adding to our team of professionals and specialists. Our employees receive medical, dental, and leave benefits as part of our highly competitive compensation package.
Holistic Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the Job:
The HR Generalist has a big job in a growing company with 250 employees. The HR Generalist has primary responsibility for the company’s total rewards program and labor law compliance and will report to the Chief HR Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage administrative aspects of all Benefits and leave programs including enrollment and termination of plan coverage
- Ensure company compliance with policies, plan documents, state/federal rules and regulations, and provider/broker agreements
- Lead processes, planning, and communications related to Annual Renewal/Open Enrollment, and, when implemented, 401(k) Auditing/Testing
- Evaluate current benefits programs and provide recommendations
- Manage benefits program and enrollment cycles
- Manage benefit broker relationships, ensuring high levels of attention and service
- Handle all communication and education of benefits and rewards for Holistic Industries employees
- Recommend programs as needed to maintain competitiveness in market
- Manage benefit compliance reporting, with support as needed from Accounting
- Coordinate with Payroll and Benefits Specialist to ensure new hires receive a high-quality enrollment experience
- Lead wellness and other initiatives designed to enhance the employee value proposition
- Design and communicate leave programs.
- Manage FMLA and LOA programs and process, ensuring compliance and documentation.
- Coordinate with vendor for ACA, COBRA and other regulatory reporting and notification
- Manage worker’s compensation claims and compliance
- Advise leadership on reward & recognition strategy ensuring fairness and equity and execute on that strategy globally
- Manage compensation bench-marking, to ensure Holistic Industries compensation is competitive in each market
- Review actual compensation annually to ensure compliance with Equal Pay Act
- Manage banding and grading by position, ensuring each position is correctly coded for FLSA, EEO, and Workers’ Compensation reporting purposes
- Partner with Accounting to ensure payroll data is accurate and up to date
- Provide compensation reporting as requested
- Clearly and regularly communicate company and compliance standards
- Act as subject matter expert and advise employees and management on the interpretation of policies, programs and procedures, including developing communications to employees.
- Manage accommodation requests
- Manage and act as the primary resource for any reductions in force.
- Provide HR due diligence for acquisitions as requested.
- Manage EEO and other compliance reporting
- Regularly audit employee files and I9 forms
Physical Requirements of the Job
- Physical requirements of the job include: Long periods of sitting. Long periods of screen use. Frequent phone use. Moderate to loud exposure to noise level. Office environment with artificial light.
- Due to state regulations, qualified candidates for this position must be at least 21 years of age and able to pass a fingerprinting background check – certain criminal convictions may disqualify candidates based on state medical marijuana licensing regulations.
- Minimum 5 years’ direct benefits and compensation management experience in a US company with over 200 employees
- Minimum 3 years HR compliance responsibilities in a US company with over 200 employees
- Capability and desire to work in a rapidly growing, fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively all levels of employees
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and have strong organizational skills. Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to earn the confidence and trust of others, delivering on commitments, demonstration of high standards of ethical conduct and the protection of confidential information.
- Expert knowledge of employment law and other applicable regulations.
- Demonstrate initiative, innovation and a results-oriented mindset.
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Extensive experience with HRIS