Facilities Maintenance Associate
Operations | Monson, MA | Full Time
At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. Our team includes the nation’s most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances.
Our well-established company is growing rapidly and adding to our team of professionals and specialists. Our employees receive medical, dental, and leave benefits as part of our highly competitive compensation package.
Holistic Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the Job:
The Facilities Maintenance Associate will support equipment and facility maintenance and services of the cultivation facility to ensure that the needs of the organization and its employees are met.
- Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Learn the complete functionality of each piece of equipment and system in the facility
- Understand all controls within facility including security, HVAC, plumbing, electric, fertigation, Johnson Controls (Metasys) and CO2
- Troubleshoot issues with each piece of equipment and system in the building, including knowledge of shut off valves and controls associated with the process
- Maintain workspace including proper organization of all tools and department supplies
- Learn the Johnson Controls- Metasys system and all associated alarms
- Properly understand maintenance requirements of each piece of equipment and system in the facility
- Execute on all facets of facility maintenance
- Procure all necessary supplies and equipment as directed
- Adhere to specific rules and regulations determined by the law and by the commission
- Participate in problem-solving discussions about building, operations, execution, etc.
- As directed, meet with vendors
- Be available all times in case of emergency as it relates to the facility and the equipment
- Must maintain current knowledge of and adhere to all policy and regulations of the Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED); and Department of Public Health and Environment (DPHE)
- Fill in for other Facilities positions as needed
- Assist the Facilities Maintenance Manager as needed
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: VERY LABOR INTENSIVE. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 80 pounds (125 pounds with assistance), may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching. Moderate to loud exposure to noise level. Must have excellent balance and coordination. Job requires occasionally climbing heights above 20 feet. Standing, crouching and reaching for extended periods of time. Good eye sight and hearing are essential. Ability to work in all types of weather and temperatures.
- Due to state regulations, qualified candidates for this position must be at least 21 years of age and able to pass a fingerprinting background check – certain criminal convictions may disqualify candidates based on state medical marijuana licensing regulations.
- Previous facility maintenance experience in a regulated medical or laboratory environment extremely helpful.
- Previous facility maintenance experience in a large commercial environment required.
- Experience with institutional boilers and chillers a plus.
- Experience in refrigeration and/ or reverse osmosis water systems a plus.
- Reading and understanding blueprints a bonus.
- Understanding of electronic control systems.
- Knowledge of Building Management Systems.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Good troubleshooting and mechanical ability.
- Familiarity with basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry, electronic and pneumatic systems.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience as maintenance tech or similar .
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Previous marijuana industry experience preferred with priority given to candidates with experience in licensed facilities
- Strong ethics and sound judgment
- Must be able to successfully pass a thorough internal and external background check