Customer Service Specialist
Marketing | Capitol Heights, MD | Part Time
At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. Our team includes the nation’s most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances.
Our well-established company is growing rapidly and adding to our team of professionals and specialists. Our employees receive medical, dental, and leave benefits as part of our highly competitive compensation package.
Holistic Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the Job:
The Customer Service Specialist will be responsible for customer service and market support across a rapidly growing six-state, 11 facility cannabis company. This position is part-time and may work out of any of our Grow + Processing facilities or our New York City marketing office. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Customer Service Specialist Responsibilities:
- Build advanced knowledge of our products and brand
- As directed, update CRM and other data sets
- Field, resolve or escalate, and document customer service inquiries.
- Direct contact with customers and dispensaries as necessary
- Track and provide customer service status reports as requested
- Data entry duties as assigned and to include entering change orders, debits, credits, return authorizations and other issues as they arise.
- Work with Grow + Production departments to deal with non-conforming product
- Proactively report and resolve product availability issues
- Be an expert in the products and able to communicate their value, utility and limitations.
- Be knowledgeable in the manufacturing process.
- Monitor and maintain online wholesale platform.
- Monitor and maintain general/sales email account.
- Monitor customer/patient feedback from all sources.
- Maintain close interaction with facility operations (GM/Inventory Manager) to inform production and help maintain consistent inventory supply based on feedback or perceived demand.
- Provide feedback to improve process quality and efficiency.
- Fulfill certain operational duties such as help with inventory/label/short notice product preparation
- Perform administrative duties as requested
- Proactive monitor of customer portals including managing and reporting KPI data.
- Work closely with outside sales team, and operations to have updated data regarding product pricing and availability
- Provide direct support to the sales department
- Document lead information and contacts in organizational/sales databases.
- Due to state regulations, qualified candidates for this position must be at least 21 years of age and able to pass a fingerprinting background check – certain criminal convictions may disqualify candidates based on state medical marijuana licensing regulations.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience in medical cannabis industry
- Minimum of three years work experience in customer service focused on wholesale retail operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong task organizational skills
- The ability to communicate professionally and effectively both verbally and electronically
- Effective time management with the ability to rearrange priorities as press demands occur
- Ability to work well with others
- Excellent time management skills
- Be able to work independently
- Experience with Zendesk helpful.
- Ability to communicate orally with customers, management and other co-workers is crucial.
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is required.
- Sitting or stand for extended periods is common.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment.
- Good reason ability is required to solve a wide range of problems.
- The job is performed indoors in artificial light and artificial ventilation.
- May be located in a cannabis Grow + Processing warehouse environment.
- Exposure to chemicals and laboratory agents is possible.