Operations | Madison Heights, MI | Full Time
At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Scaling from a seed of inspiration in 2011, Holistic Industries is now one of the largest and fastest growing private MSOs (Multi-State Operators) in the country. We're able to deliver consistent value to employees, patients, and investors because of the values that drive our work - how we do business and why. We have one of the most seasoned teams in the industry, a budding "Greenhouse of Brands" and a meaningful model of doing well by doing good. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. We are committed to harvesting and crafting industry-leading strains, consumer brands, and medical-grade products based on the most progressive science in the space. Holistic Industries has a unique model and approach that enables it to win licenses, scale operations and introduce national brands successfully in highly regulated markets. The company has proven to be responsible stewards of capital since its inception by sourcing licenses on merit rather than simply acquiring them on the open market. A "GREENHOUSE OF BRANDS" beginning with our flagship retail and wholesale brand, Liberty Cannabis, we continue to prove our ability to launch new brands from scratch and attract noteworthy partners.
We are deeply and actively committed to the communities we serve; our efforts under Liberty Cannabis Cares are focused on four pillars: Social Equity, Diversity, Community, and Cannabis Literacy.
Our team includes the nation’s most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances. We are a team of best-in-class executives and staff from within and outside the industry who share a passion for advancing cannabis products and retail experience at scale.
Our well-established company is growing rapidly and adding to our team of professionals and specialists. Our employees receive PTO, paid Sick Leave, medical, dental, vision and other leave benefits as part of our highly competitive compensation package. Join us as we build a great place to work, shop, and invest.
Holistic Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This role is critical to the company’s continued growth and drive toward being the best operational company in the cannabis industry. Reporting to the Facility Manager for the facility to which he/she is assigned, the Building Engineer will work to oversee access, security, maintenance and services of the cultivation and processing facility to ensure optimum facility operation on a daily basis that provides for the work needs of the organization and its employees. In coordination with the Director of Facilities Engineering and the Facility Manager for their assigned facility, the Building Engineer plans, implements, coordinates and manages all mechanical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management, and manpower development programs within their assigned production facility.
- Manages the building's operational accounts and assists in development of operating and capital budgets both for their assigned facility as well as shared or company-wide systems, equipment or programs.
- Assists in operations and maintenance issues, troubleshooting and problem solving as required.
- Recommends and implements improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an on-going basis, maintains updated/current manuals from systems manufacturers. Develops/maintains effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
- Coordinates maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel and technicians. Oversees all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC and electrical issues and must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends.
- Maintains on-going communication with facility management team and vendors; participates in facility management team meetings as required by the Facility Manager
- May assist in solicitation and acquisition of new management contracts, especially as they relate to their assigned facility. Coordinates development and maintenance of as-built drawings.
- Responds to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc. and facility team concerns.
- Implements and administers inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies.
- Develops specifications and assists in solicitation and administration of maintenance/repair service contracts.
- Establishes and monitors programs to ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agency and company directives as they relate to building operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Physical Requirements of the Job: LIGHT OFFICE LIFTING. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 pounds (up to about 120 pounds with assistance), may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching. Ability to tolerate moderate to loud exposure to noise level. Exposure to long periods of bright lights. Long periods of prolonged use of office equipment including computers and phones.
- Regulations require that incumbent be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain and maintain state marijuana work credentials.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Engineering or related discipline from four-year college or university and a minimum of four years’ experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge and understanding of all applicable practices and techniques, laws, project controls and environmental regulations to include safety regulations.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working within complex organizations, leading teams of indivdiuals from disparate backgrounds and education levels
- Demonstrated experience developing cost benefit analysis business models to justify expenditures of capital for equipment, building improvements, systems implementations, headcount changes, etc.
- Experience reviewing and understanding architectural plans for buildings and facilities including placement of power, networking, and other key areas with respect to the installation of packaging equipment and machinery in a manufacturing plant
- Ability to understand and discuss architectural plans with construction and architectural consultants and contractors
Certificates and/or Licenses:
- Universal CFC certification required
- Additional certification in three or more of the following: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair
- Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills, especially with documentation, time management, and resource coordination
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven efficiency and ability to prioritize and manage time and tasks for self and others
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to initiate and follow through on work independently
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Proven problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify exist or potential problems, and recommend solutions
Strong ethics and sound judgment