Insurance Operations | Miami, FL | Full Time
The Reconciliation Specialist is responsible for the reconciliation of carrier policyholder accounts to the HolaDoctor Customer Relationship Management System. This position will update the Commission Receivable accounts for all the carriers contracted with the Agency, including accurate commission payment, timely reporting and payment from carriers, and policyholder updated information. This role will also be responsible for the calculation of commissions due to Independent Sales Agents as well as incentive calculations for agent employees.
- Proactively contacting carriers and other external and internal entities for resolution on past-due payments and balancing HolaDoctor CRM System.
- Auditing carrier accounts or researching basic billing inquiries with a focus on timely and optimal resolution.
- Responding to email, fax, mail, phone or verbal inquiries from internal and external customers to resolve commission issues or assist with remittances.
- Participating in system testing for improvements or enhancements to processes.
- Collaborating with Accounting and Sales teams to ensure premium, policyholder information, and commission payments are remitted timely and correctly.
- Identifying and resolving all variances before final processing of carrier disputes
- Monitoring and tracking all Sales results & maintenance in Access database and/or excel.
- Reconcile payable reports each month to confirm that all amounts paid were accurate.
- Complying with internal control measures and ensuring completeness of audit trail
- Conduct account analysis, identifying and reporting trends, risks, and discrepancies
- Strong understanding and ability to work with Excel files in a relational manner. The incumbent must be very familiar with Excel formulas as well as techniques required to match disparate databases
- The ability to work with reasonably large datasets and manipulate them to achieve a reconciliation or exception list of single or multiple fields, which may be numeric or alpha characters
- Must be able to produce summary findings in an organized and communicable manner to various levels in the organization for the purpose of discussion with carriers regarding differences, explanations to sales personnel and agents regarding their commission payments and to the agent level for purposes or correcting errors
- A thorough and thoughtful approach to researching and identifying root causes of reconciliation differences
- Possess a solid understanding of business processes and a basic understanding of accounting
- Ability to meet deadlines and provide accurate information to management and peers
- Be able to work independently and to develop both internal and external contacts needed to clearly define issues and recommend viable solutions
- Must be Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Position Reporting- The position will report to the Director of Insurance Operations and will have close working arrangements with operational personnel of various levels. The position is that of an individual contributor and has no supervisory responsibility.
Educational Requirements- The position must have the equivalent of a four year degree in a business related field either in a formal program or satisfactory experience in positions requiring similar technical ability. It is highly desirable that the candidate has some proficiency certification in Excel and can clearly demonstrate and advance ability.