National Sales Director
Sales | Miami, FL | Full Time
HolaDoctor Inc, a wholly-owned subsidiary of a billion dollar insurance company, owns the largest web destination for Hispanic consumers interested in health and insurance products. The Company also operates a fast-growing insurance brokerage business that markets health, life and ancillary insurance products to consumers in a number of states.
The Company has an immediate opportunity for a seasoned insurance sales executive to significantly grow our insurance operations into the largest brokerage serving Hispanics and other consumers nationwide. This position is based in Miami, Florida and includes a generous compensation package, with a six-figure base salary plus commission, bonus and benefits.
- Direct P&L responsibility of the Miami insurance brokerage call center
- Responsible for the daily sales and operational performance of the Insurance (Life/Health/Ancillary) Sales Team
- Grow and Manage Team of Brokers: responsible for hiring, training, coaching and managing a team of brokers selling to consumers over the telephone
- Responsible for developing sales forecasts and for meeting daily, weekly and monthly sales targets for each product line
- Optimize sales strategies for each state, and develop and implement winning sales strategies for additional states (Company currently sells into Florida, Texas, California, New Jersey, Illinois and Georgia)
- Responsible for optimizing compensation and incentive plans for brokers, including W2s and 1099s
- Supervise Lead Generation team. Responsible for closely monitoring the Company’s cost of acquisition to make sure that all sales are increasingly profitable. Design and implement a referral system to grow membership at low cost and drive down overall lead cost
- Drive process efficiencies and cost effectiveness while preserving customer satisfaction
- Monitor and report on daily sales performance data
- Ensure sales team members are in compliance with Company policies and federal and state insurance regulations
- Keep abreast of current trends in the health, life and ancillary markets that affect product offerings and strategies
- Manage expenses and direct operational effectiveness enhancements
- Assist with setting up additional call centers in additional geographic areas in large states such as Texas and California.
- Proven experience leading and growing an insurance brokerage operation or agency
- Proven track record of consistently meeting sales targets
- Deep knowledge of Life, Health and Ancillary insurance products and carriers
- 10+ years of experience in both direct sales and managing insurance brokers
- Excellent listening, coaching, influencing and negotiating skills to help team members meet and exceed defined sales, productivity and client experience objectives
- Proficiency with CRM and other sales systems
- Ability to identify business trends, changes in market conditions, and competitor activity
- Must possess valid health and life license
- Understanding of lead generation and management, including monitoring key metrics, e.g. cost per application
- Ability to collaborate across different business groups with individuals at various levels
- Self-motivated and goal driven
- Experience in putting together compensation packages for brokers
- College degree required. MBA a plus
- Experience with call center-based technology systems a plus
- Experience selling individual health insurance through the ACA marketplace a plus
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a big plus!