HE Professional Services | Arlington, VA
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
The Training Specialist organizes and develops all curricula, documentation, and materials needed to conduct all internal and external training opportunities. He/she will plan, organize, and direct all client-facing training activities.
We are currently hiring a Training Specialist in either our Arlington, VA office.
- Organize and develop curricula for online classes and to support client webinars
- Conduct online classes, develop recordings, and run webinars for clients
- Organize and develop curricula for on-site trainings for new and existing clients
- Conduct on-site trainings for new and existing clients
- Coordinate, schedule, and conduct in-house training for new hires
- Organize and develop documentation and supporting materials for training
- Assist in the development and maintenance of training standards and consistency
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of our products and stays up-to-date with ongoing product releases
- Travel to client sites and other Hobsons corporate offices – Up to 50%
- Monitor training costs to ensure budget is not exceeded
- Facilitate the execution of all training plans
- Periodically evaluate training effectiveness
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
- 2-4 years’ experience in admissions
- 2-4 years’ experience with training
- 2-4 years’ experience with software products
Key Success Factors:
- Adaptability & Composure
- Presentation & Communication
- Customer Focused
- Planning & Organizing
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with team members and clients
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high quality results
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of accelerated learning, adult learning curriculum, and instructional design
- Knowledge of higher education market/and or software industry
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
Hobsons offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V