Product Marketing Manager
K12 Marketing | Arlington, VA
Product Marketing Manager
Naviance is a leader in providing solutions that help schools and school districts prepare every student to graduate from high school ready for success in college, career, and life. As the K-12 division of Hobsons, a unit of the Daily Mail & General Trust plc, Naviance combines the resources of a multi-billion dollar global corporation with the soul of a start-up. We serve more than 100,000 educators in 47 states and 72 countries, helping more than 4 million current students achieve their academic and career objectives. We're looking for energetic, creative, and ambitious professionals who are seeking exciting opportunities for extraordinary growth.
Are you able to find simple answers to complex questions? Do you enjoy “geeking out” over the latest technology trends? Do you want to help millions of students and thousands of schools around the world to connect learning to life?
Naviance, the world’s leading college and career readiness platform, is looking for a driven Product Marketing Manager to join its growing team of education technology professionals. The Product Marketing Manager will serve as a liaison between our Product Development and Sales teams, and help translate the “bits and bytes” into powerful stories that will drive demand and support sales for our solutions. The role will require this person to develop an expert understanding of our solutions, plus how they benefit our customers and compare to the competition. The Product Marketing Manager will also work closely with our services, community relations and public policy teams to stay abreast of the latest industry trends and information.
- Product Messaging – Develop messaging and positioning documents for all new product and feature releases
- Sales Enablement – Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of our products
- Release Management – Interface with product development team to ensure marketing and sales are kept up-to-date on release timelines and marketing requirements
- Market research – Gather and analyze customer feedback and industry research
- Competitive Intelligence – Develop detailed comparisons of competing solutions and identify key points of differentiation for our solutions
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Additional duties will include working with the Marketing Communications Manager and Specialist to support lead generation campaigns. Other duties to be assigned as need.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: Microsoft Office; Salesforce.com; RivalMap or related tools
Ability to: Collaborate with others; understand product development and sales cycles
Skill in: Written and verbal communication
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
- 3-5 years of experience in product or industry marketing role
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing (Business) or related field
- Experience working with a sales team, and familiarity with market sales cycles
- Demonstrated experience translating complex technical solutions into easy-to-digest information
- Education industry experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Excellent communication skills
Naviance offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Metro SmartBenefits (pre-tax option)
· Generous Paid Time Off program
We have a corporate commitment to education and actively participate in charity work to support schools locally and abroad. Through our work with PLAN (www.planusa.org), our staff joins in an annual campaign to improve education in developing nations. In the past three years, groups of employees from Naviance and our corporate parent, Hobsons, have traveled to Ghana, Bolivia, and Vietnam to build educational facilities.
To learn more about Naviance, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V