HE Professional Services | Cincinnati, OH
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
This position will be part of a thriving Professional Services team responsible for organizing and conducting the implementations of Hobsons Tier 1 and Tier 2 products. The Implementation Specialist will work closely with the salesperson to ensure a smooth hand off from sales and the success manager to assure that the implementation work is carried out effectively. Expectations include managing the day-to-day progress of projects, issue management, troubleshooting resolutions, communicating to clients, training our clients on the product capabilities, and ensuring that quality of deliverables are met or exceeded. The Implementation Specialist will act as primary customer relationship manager during project implementations by serving as client’s main point of contact from inception to deployment of the project.
We are currently seeking an Implementation Specialist to work in either our Arlington, VA or Cincinnati, OH office.
- Develop and nurture all assigned client accounts from inception to deployment by executing on project methodology, product training, client communications, deployment, and delivery plans and key client satisfaction requirements
- Conduct and lead implementation kick-off calls with clients to outline processes and expectations and to gather business requirements
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Communicate deliverables and timelines regularly to the client to ensure the project remains on time and on budget
- Coordinate with the End User and/or Creative Services teams to set up the products
- Organize and build requirements within the product
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope, tracking and reporting hours on a daily basis
- Encourage clients to attend online training classes and recordings where applicable
- Conduct product training where online training classes and recordings are not available, if training is needed for the specific product being implemented
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately and that the Salesforce.com (SFDC) project or job item is up to date with all pertinent project information, communications, and documents
- Manage client engagements by assisting in solidifying and improving the project management methodology and adhering to those practices; these include defining service opportunities and then create, manage and execute on these engagements
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of our products and stays up-to-date with ongoing product releases
- Travel to client sites to conduct the implementation visit where applicable
- Participate in any in-house training for new hires where applicable
- Must be a self-starter, able to work in a thriving environment and take complete responsibility for managing projects, clients and issues specifically related to implementation and deployments; must be able to respond quickly and effectively to client issues and provide helpful insight into the bug tracking and the enhancement process
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of Project Management experience or equivalent customer service experience in a fast moving, technology driven environment
- Experience managing multiple project plans, diverse project teams, and demanding clients
- Strong communication skills over a variety of disciplines including writing, training, public speaking, computer skills, etc.
- Must be able to travel at least 50% of the time to client’s location
- Must be comfortable with basic software applications (Excel, Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, etc.) and a working knowledge of HTML
- Must be able to quickly understand CRM and the SaaS technology and use that knowledge to provide training, respond to client inquiries, and execute the support process
- Prior experience in higher education and/or customer relationship management applications is a plus
Key Success Factors:
- Adaptability & Composure
- Customer Focused
- Planning & Organizing
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
Hobsons offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V