HE Admissions & Enrollment | Arlington, VA
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
The Business Analyst will work with product management, designers, developers, QA, and users to determine, document, and define functional requirement and design viable functional solutions. This includes writing product requirements, Functional Design Specifications, use cases and user stories for implementing solutions, services and training for the Higher Education market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand business process and functional requirements defined by product managers
- Prepare accurate technical requirement specifications documents, user stories, user interface guides, and functional specification documents
- Provide feedback to the development team during the development stage of solutions to validate that requirements are being met
- Gather and interpret relevant data and information from internal sources, workshops, surveys, and task analysis
- Help manage support tickets
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the design of test scenarios.
- Manage change requests
- Assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules, following an agile development process
- Assist in project scoping, cost analysis, and risk mitigation strategies
- Act as an interface between business units, technology teams and support teams
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of: tasks and techniques needed to work as a liaison among stakeholders and to recommended solutions in order for meeting business and user goals
Ability to: work with the product manager to refine user stories to fit into release cycles
Skill in: Atlassian JIRA, with experience with Atlassian Grasshopper desirable
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant business or technical discipline. An advanced degree is desirable.
- 5 or more years in a business analyst role or related field.
- Experience in successful deployment of web-based products.
- Should be familiar with database and software design concepts and related technologies.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, as well as proven problem-solving, and organizational skills
Hobsons offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V