HE Common App | Arlington, VA
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
The Application Developer will work with a core team of an experienced Development Managers to ensure the quality of software being produced and the satisfaction of our customers. We are seeking a creative problem solver with a desire to contribute to the entire software development lifecycle. In addition, this role is an excellent opportunity to increase your software development proficiency and to start building your technical management and business skills. Applicants must have a minimum of a 4-year degree.
- Develop and test code
- Write unit tests
- Maintain and enhance existing products
Required Skills and Technologies
- Visual Studio 2008/2010, ASP.Net C#, Transact-SQL, Cloud computing, GitHub
- Object oriented programing
- Experience with web services, Ajax, and XML/SOAP protocols
- Experience with Github and the agile development process
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- At least 1 to 2 years working experience in software development in a multi-tier application development environment
- Develop and implement moderate to highly complex technical and business solutions using ASP.NET and C#, MySQL, Cloud computing, Visual Studio, Ajax, XML/SOAP and other technologies as needed. This will include designing, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting programs and stored procedures
- Familiarity with section 508 guidelines and application security best practices
- Strong communication and writing skills required
- Commitment to service and the experience of the end user
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely with end users, vendors and other developers
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
Hobsons offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
Employment sponsorship is not available for this position!
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V