Relationship Manager [Sales]
Sales and Advisory | Inverness, IL | Full Time
It's time. MAKE YOUR MOVE.
At HNI, we work with ambitious companies to help them De-Risk their business and boost their performance. As a relationship manager, you’ll find yourself working with the very business builders that have grown companies from nothing to where they are today.
Instead of pedaling insurance, benefits, and advisory services, you’ll work with growing companies to help them take ownership of their risk, stand out as a great place to work, and live up to their true potential.
As a relationship manager (RM), you’ll seek out companies that want to drive change in their organization and kick the status quo to the curb. You’ll be the link between the client and the team at HNI that can help author a growth story worth talking about.
Your career as an RM has the ability to fly without hitting a ceiling. However, batteries are not included with the offer. You have the opportunity to have a fulfilling career without limits, but you will need to supply the drive. This job is for people that want the best for their clients and themselves, and they aren’t going to stop short of achieving it.
We will give you all the resources and training that you need to be successful, including direct access and training from our CEO, who walks in the Relationship Manager shoes every day.
Here is what you can become within the first few years as a Relationship Manager with HNI:
- Typically, by the end of your second year you will have established a book of business that is around $125k and you’ll be on your way towards a book that will grow to $500k in 1-2 more years.
- What does it take to get there? Well, a lot of calls, face to face meetings, presentations and association events to meet the business builders we love to work with. You need to build your network in order to build your book.
- You will become an established risk advisor with your clients and assist them as they de-risk their business and boost their performance.
- You’ll have the best sales and marketing tools at your disposal, so you’ll become an expert in using them to make your sales efforts as efficient and effective as possible.
- You’ll be able to participate in SWARM sessions, which are collaborative meetings with cross-disciplinary experts to help solve our clients’ wickedest problems. For you, SWARMs will provide the fastest learning experience you’ll find anywhere in the industry.
We recognize that not everyone will come to HNI with an insurance or sales background, so we pair all new RMs with a seasoned mentor to assist them for the first couple of years.
Desired Skills and Experience
If you are business savvy, assertive and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, you might have what it takes. A track record of success in previous roles, a willingness to step outside your comfort zone, and the ability to create successful relationships will be required. Strong industry affiliation, acumen and/or relationships would prove an advantage in hitting the ground running. Previous experience with consulting, advising and/or presenting is a must.