Sr Business Analyst
Information Technology | Arlington, VA | Full Time
HN Consulting LLC is a Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) and a Virginia certified Small, Women, and Minority-owned business (SWaM). HN Consulting is a process- and value-driven consulting and information technology management company.
HN Consulting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. HN Consulting's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
- Documents requirements, defines scope, objectives and business justifications, and formulates executive summaries and project charters and write requirements and specifications of software applications.
- Multi-task capability, handling multiple projects and serve as advisor for lower level IT Business staff to build the user-requirement traceability matrix.
- Serves as primary contact and technical advisor to clients and provide collaborative leadership ability.
- Follows established architecture standards as well as software development lifecycle and project management lifecycle.
- Participate, represent, guide and provide critical analysis expertise to the group and may lead group discussions and collaborative effort to define and develop user-requirements
- Extensive technical knowledge of Information Technology field and computer systems.
- Excellent Communication (Written and Verbal) skills, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take the lead on the most complex projects and work in a complex diversified application development environment.
- Strong ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities, and appropriately prioritize.
- Must display initiative, ability to work independently and be able to use extensive independent judgment.
- Must display the highest level of critical thinking in order to weigh alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with the business strategy.
- A minimum of six or more years of experience as an IT Business Analyst or Project Analyst or in a related area is desired, but not mandatory.
- Successfully participated in 5+ large scale software development projects.
- Medical Coverage including Health, Vision, and Dental
- Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (STD/LTD) Insurances
- Pre-Tax Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation and PTO/Sick Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Job Related Education and Training Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus