Residential Architectural Drafter
Production | Folsom, CA | Full Time
We are a small well-established firm located in Folsom, CA, that specializes in residential Architecture throughout California and Nevada. We have built a strong reputation with many well-known developers and premier custom homes builders, which has enabled us to experience tremendous growth. We are interviewing candidates to fill the position of Architectural Drafter. We are a fast paced, performance driven work environment where our employees are focused on delivering the best possible product to our clients. We are looking for a creative and driven individual who fits our culture and team.
- Architectural Drafter is an entry level position with our firm with responsibilities such as:
- Assisting in the development of construction documents.
- Assisting in the drafting of design development drawings.
- Address plan revisions (redlines) as outlined by senior staff.
- Communicate clearly using written or verbal skills with the Project team on project status
Ideal candidate MUST possess the following skills and/or qualifications:
- Experience working with AutoCAD 2011 or newer
- Familiar with wood framed construction principles, methods, and terminology
- Proficient with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Familiar with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience using Revit, V-Ray or 3ds Max software is a plus, but not required
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced office and balance multiple projects both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to grow with the changing demands of the position and company
- Self-disciplined and able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to deliver high quality work ensuring accuracy
- Must maintain excellent attendance and dependability
- A strong desire to learn the profession of residential Architecture
- Minimum 2-year degree in Architecture or Drafting related field preferred
- Not required but preferred that candidate is enrolled in NCARB and on path for licensure
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive wages; based on experience.
- Health and dental insurance plans
- 401K plan
- Profit Sharing
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Bonus programs
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and professional work samples to be considered for the position. Please send a single PDF portfolio along with your cover letter resume. The PDF should be no more than 5MB. If your qualifications match our requirements for the position, we will contact you.