Engineering | Hudson County, NJ | Full Time
HiveIO is a venture-funded company founded in 2015. Charting its course to deliver the power, value, and agility of the public cloud with all the security, control and governance of the private cloud.
We provide a complete software-defined computer platform with batteries included, offering our customers the power of cloud computing on-premise at a small fraction of the cost of traditional virtualization solutions. Currently deployed in several customer deployments and operating POCs in over 40 different customer locations.
We are looking to grow our engineering staff in order to accommodate a market demand for the product. This is the opportunity for a Senior level developer to come in, hit the ground running, provide input and be a part of the growth of not only the team but the company!
We're a small, agile team with years of combined experience in virtualization and distributed system design, able to innovate in a field that has stagnated due to years of dominance by a handful of vendors. Additionally, we have a long history with the open source community. As active contributors to almost all open source projects used in our product, we highly value candidates that have proven involvement with open source software.
Technology stack: 7+ years of Relevant work experience:
- If you do not have knowledge of Rethinkdb than knowledge of noSQL like mongoDB
- Knowledge of C++, and or C# and or Python
- Full Stack development
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration
- Familiarity with Open Source Projects (active in open source projects a plus)
- Familiarity with Agile
- Linux kernel development a plus
- Hands on experience to be able to hit the ground running, someone that does not need a lot of training
We are currently hiring for Senior level positions, with 7+ Years of experience where applicable. Knowledge of node.js, C++, Python noSQL, and nginx. Frontend and backend development and principles of software testing are highly desired. We are realistic that you may not have all of the technical qualifications but we do need at least 7 years of hands on experience and some of the above technical qualifications. This is the perfect time to get onboard both from a growth opportunity and an Impact opportunity.
More importantly the biggest requirement is a passion for software, willingness to learn, and a strong work ethic: we are far more focused on results than credentials.
Requirements: Minimum 7 Years of working experience in similar technology (software, Storage, Cloud, MSP, SaaS, PaaS and or IaaS). Experience working in a StartUp a BigPlus to be able to hit the ground running:
- Principles of Software testing highly desired
- Knowledge of C++, C# and or Python, someone that can develop in more than one language
- Open Source projects a BIG plus
- This person is required to work in New York (at this time we do not offer remote working as we are building a team and the importance of Collaboration amongst the team and spontaneous meetings)
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science, A PLUS if you have a Masters in Computer Science or other related technical degree but not a requirement
* Great team environment with the opportunity to work closely with the CTO, Chief Development Officer, and VP of Engineering
* An opportunity to provide direct input/feedback, be a part of the impact and see the changes first hand
* Be a part of something more! Options are offered, When the company is successful you will be too!