Sales | Hoboken, NJ | Full Time
Join one of the world’s leading software-defined datacenter companies – leading the datacenter revolution from the front line.
This is the opportunity of a lifetime to join an exciting young software company experiencing huge growth in the storage and datacenter markets with the opportunity for both over achievement of target and a meaningful quantity of shares in the company.
A dynamic and fun place to work, you’ll be working with the best in the industry as we help customers break free from the cost and complexity of traditional infrastructure and benefit from the flexibility and freedom delivered from a software defined datacenter.
The qualified Sales Engineer (SE) supports HiveIO sales teams as well as its potential customers by identifying technical fit of HiveIO products for solving customer pain points. The SE is additionally involved in the pre-sales discussions, proof of concept operations, as well as professional services to fulfill customer orders. This skilled technician is self-driven and motivated to make a difference for each HiveIO customer opportunity. With a balance of technical sales and “hands on keyboard” experience, the SE is a critical part of the HiveIO team and ultimately responsible for the technical close for each opportunity.
You’ll be joining an existing highly successful team and will have the support of both local executives and a closely aligned sales colleague to help you ensure customers successfully move to a software defined storage strategy.
Highly competitive package , with full benefits
Skills & Experience
- Must have a proven track record of directly delivering new business with end users in the virtualization or storage space
- Must be both a self-starter and highly technical with the ability to fit business challenges with the Hive technology offerings
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in customer-facing, technical sales
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Significant background in each of the following: The following is a MUST:
- Datacenter architectures
- Server hardware
- High-Level networking
- Storage (SAN, NAS, RAID)
- Virtualization (VMware and Citrix, bonus for KVM)
- Hyperconverged architectures
- Preference for experience with Linux operating system
- Travel required 30%