Engineering | Hudson County, NJ | Full Time
HiveIO is a venture funded startup based in New York, charting its course to deliver the power, value and agility of the public cloud with all the security, control and governance of the private datacenter. We provide a complete software-defined datacenter platform, offering our customers the power of cloud computing with all the benefits of it running on-premise at a fraction of the cost of traditional virtualization solutions. Currently deployed in a number of production customers and operating POCs in over 40 different customer locations. We are rapidly growing the engineering team and are now investing in our Quality Assurance (QA) capability.
HiveIo is seeking a Hands-on technical lead / architect for our QA team delivering on all aspects of QA for HiveIO. You will be Expected to apply best-in-class design and development tools and methodologies to make QA a leading advocate for our customers and partners and push our agile development teams to the limits. Rounding out the engineering team, you will be expected to possess and apply strong technical ingenuity to develop full QA coverage for the product functionality and performance testing.
This is a unique opportunity to help build and lead the QA team for HiveIO
- Create, consult and maintain an environment where a Test Driven Development behavior is fostered.
- Lead the design, modification, development, and implementation of test automation architecture and framework.
- Responsible for the automation architecture and provides direction on automation techniques. Responsible for the research and implementation of the advanced features of test automation.
- Consult and provide direction on test environment issues; act as a Lead and SME for external QA teams.
- Apply Testing Lifecycle Management principles in the context of a software product.
- Write and execute test cases within the Functional, Performance, Integration or security areas of QA.
- Define acceptance criteria when stories are created.
- Ensure software quality via continuous and iterative testing approach.
- Understand and provide oversight on the test infrastructure.
- Create and validate automated scripts that support CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience of Manual & automation testing experience of applications.
- Experience with enterprise infrastructure software / solutions.
- Experience with Agile Scrum.
- Test Automation Development experience with open source and market-leading vended solutions creating functional, regression, or performance test.
- Strong hands-on functional / system test automation experience.
- Hands on experience with implementing Continuous Integration and build automation systems such as Jenkins, Octopus etc.
- Experience in architecting, implementing solutions/frameworks to effectively transition testing to the cloud.
- Strong Analysis, Troubleshooting, and Problem Solving Skills.
- Understanding of Performance Testing.
- Experience constructing test plans and executing against these plans across functional, regression unit, system, performance, stress and load testing.
- Creative with ability to "think outside the box" for long-term solution.
- Experience with the following tools:
- Agile Planning tool (e.g. JIRA)
- Functional Test Automation (e.g. RunBook WebDriver, UFT)
- Performance Testing Tools (e.g. Performance Center, Jmeter)
- Defect Management (e.g. Zepher)
- Source Code Management Tools (e.g. Git)
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson other)
Nice to have:
- Experience with implementing automation in conjunction with Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience with Security testing.
* This will be the first person in QA for HiveIO a great opportunity to build from the ground up!