Finance | Seattle (HQ) | Full Time
Highspot is a SaaS software company currently located in the Belltown section of Seattle. Highspot provides a sales engagement platform that enables our customer’s sales teams to more flexibly connect situationally relevant content to customers with real-time visibility and analytics to measure level of engagement and provide for further content optimization. This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor and join a well-funded experienced team that is expanding its operations.
This position reports to the VP, Finance, and is an integral part of the financial processes of the company. The ideal candidate is an individual with a strong desire to grow professionally with the organization while also willing to roll up their sleeves on a daily basis. This individual will be heavily involved in several accounting functions, budget-to-actual, payroll, plus cash management. This individual will also be responsible for contributing insights on processes and procedures that are appropriate for the company’s current growth stage.
- Ownership of several accounting department functions.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of accounting records, maintain proper internal controls, and ensure compliance with all relevant company policies.
- Contribute insights and execute processes in support of the company’s strategic plan.
- Process several aspects of day-to-day accounting/FP&A operations, including:
- Accounts receivable and collections, accounts payable, and payroll.
- Monthly reconciliations for bank, credit card and other balance sheet accounts
- Monthly budget-to-actual preparation and analysis.
- Prepare various state and local excise tax returns and other filings.
- Maintain fixed asset schedule.
- Various weekly/monthly reports and analyses.
- Monthly closes and year-end audits, including journal entry preparation on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with VP, Finance on:
- Liaise with outside CPA’s on audit, and Federal & state tax matters and filings.
- Review/evaluate existing accounting systems and accounting processes, procedures and controls, and plan/implement improvements, as needed, to accommodate the continued growth of the company.
- Assess need for new systems, processes, procedures and controls, and develop/implement said systems, processes, procedures and controls as needed.
- Review/evaluate all reporting and financial analyses, and plan/implement improvements to support the executive team in managing the company.
- Assist, as needed, on development of all budgets and strategic/operational plans.
- Work on special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA a plus
- 4+ years’ experience in progressively responsible positions
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience using QuickBooks (our current general ledger, which is being evaluated)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly
- Flexible, organized, and detail oriented
- Big 4 or large regional CPA experience