Security Software Engineer
Engineering | Seattle (HQ) | Full Time
Highspot is the industry’s most powerful sales engagement platform. Across the sales cycle, our product scores and recommends content, delivers real-time alerts on how customers are engaging with content, and provides advanced analytics so that our customers can optimize their messaging and content to win more deals.
As a Software Security Engineer at Highspot you will be responsible for advancing our security posture, using both existing security tooling as well as designing and developing our own. You will develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and architectural weaknesses, improve the security posture of client endpoints and servers, and improve security incident detection and response capabilities. You are an experienced software engineer with a career focus in information security and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
- Create and manage shared security infrastructure such as firewalls, security monitoring tools, key management services, etc.
- Design and implement product features related to security
- Identify, prioritize and address security bugs
- Support engineering team to ensure features are designed with security in mind, including driving security reviews and writing security best practices
- Develop tools to assist in modeling, analysis, detection, and prevention of security threats
- Perform software and hardware penetration testing, validation and mitigation
- Track vulnerabilities in systems, components and libraries used by the product
- Update software components and libraries on a regular basis to address potential security issues
- Manage external bug reporting program
- BS/MS Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years work experience in Information Security
- BS/MS Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Proficiency with Bash and/or PowerShell
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services or another cloud provider
- Familiarity with generally-accepted security methods, concepts, and techniques
- Contributions to the security community such as research, public CVEs, bug-bounty recognitions, open-source projects, and blogs or publications.
• Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision
• Environment to do your best work
• Competitive compensation
• Exceptional medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Transportation benefits
• Open and spacious offices, based in the heart of Seattle
• Great views of the Puget Sound
• Fully-stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks