Back-End Software Engineer
Engineering | Seattle (HQ) | Full Time
Join a team of engineers working at the intersection of business software, artificial intelligence, and great design.
We are looking for back-end developers who know how to create scalable web infrastructure and distributed systems. As a Highspot back-end engineer, you will responsible for all aspects of the software lifecycle - from feature design, architecture,implementation, and testing, to deployment, monitoring, and diagnostics. You will go deep on a broad array of backend problem domains, from async pipeline processing to scalable databases to machine learning.
In our highly collaborative environment, some days you’ll work with our front-end engineers on API design, while other days you will collaborate with our data science experts to optimize high-scale data mining algorithms. You will work from a foundation of the best open source technologies. You’ll become proficient to the point where your pull requests will gladly be accepted as valued contributions to the community.
Some of the technologies found on our back-end are:
- Amazon Redshift
- Apache Solr & Lucene
- Amazon Web Services
- Insatiable thirst for learning new technologies.
- Expertise in delivering large-scale, highly distributed systems that are designed to be resilient, and easily consumable from a wide array of front-end devices.
- Experience with modern open source technologies and tools.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality.
- Equal parts world-class engineer and world-class hacker.
- Previous experience designing and building RESTful APIs at scale.
- 5 or more years of commercial software development.
- Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision
- Environment to do your best work
- Competitive compensation
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Transportation benefits
- Open and spacious offices, based in the heart of Seattle
- Great views of the Puget Sound
- Fully-stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks
Highspot is a recognized leader in sales enablement. Using Highspot, sales teams are connected to the most relevant content for each situation, have flexible ways to present content to customers, and gain real-time visibility into whether customers find the content engaging. Advanced analytics lets marketing and sales understand how content is performing across the sales cycle and provides actionable insights so pitches and content can be optimized. By closing the loop across marketing, sales, and customers, Highspot uniquely delivers insights that help companies engage more effectively with customers, driving increased revenue and customer satisfaction.