Consulting | Hyderabad, India | Full Time
The Project Manager is responsible for delivering consulting projects to Fortune 1000 clients. He/ She will be owing client engagements and running these projects parallel till closure. The Project Manager is also responsible for creating project plans, executing those and delivering on time with high quality, value and with customer delight. This is a highly visible and complex role since the candidate will be the point of contact and work with executives and users across the entire organization. The successful candidate must be a strong leader, extremely well organized, detail-oriented, quality-minded and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. He/ she will not only use the existing methodologies/ templates for effective project execution and people management but also have opportunity to think of and bring in improvements required to the existing processes and templates.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle a portfolio of projects and clients in parallel from Fortune 1000 companies and across geographies.
- Plan for a quarter ahead and develop an execution plan for projects and people in the team. Need to be ahead of both client and internal resources in planning and execution.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with product delivery, the sales team, client and account managers.
- Make sure that the projects are achieving promised business value/RoI and figure out ways to achieve it if there is a gap.
- Build Rapport with clients and manage those effectively, high end consulting touch would be required
- Manage escalations, variations, complexities in projects effectively.
- Able to effectively use the established frameworks in project execution, client handling, resource utilization, resource mentoring etc.
- Directly supervises functional consultants, solution architects; conducts employee performance reviews/evaluations and career development discussions
- Manage up- Make sure to keep the higher management honest and able to strike a right balance between issues/items that are to be escalated vs that are to be handled.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree (preferably from a top reputed university)
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with small and large groups
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand Fortune 1000 client business complexities and handle those
- Overall 8-10 years of professional services experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Project manager or equivalent role demonstrating management and leadership experience, preferably in a fast paced consulting / professional services set-up.
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing large portfolio, leading cross-functional teams and tracking the project progress against the plans
- Experience in leading and mentoring people as part of the project life cycle.
- Experience in following the established processes/standards/templates to achieve successful results.
- Experience with Invoice-to-Cash related business process is desirable
Critical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team management and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to negotiate with stakeholders and have challenging discussions
- Proven problem solving, risk mitigation and analytical skills
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills
- Strong ownership to drive the projects from start to finish with maximum client delight