Senior Alarm Systems Field Technician $25-30 Hourly
Security Systems | Oakland, CA | Full Time
Senior Alarm Systems Field Technician (Highest Compensation) - Full Time – Oakland
HighCom Security Services, Inc. is looking for great candidates who are energetic, driven and have a natural customer service aptitude to partner with us.
HighCom Security Services is a Northern California leader in electronic security services. These services include the design, install, services and monitoring by our UL approved secure operations center. We take great pride in the exceptional level of service we provide to our customers and maintain our commitment to excellence. Our success is a result of the top-quality candidates we bring to join our Team!
- Dynamic Proactive Security
- Distinguished Philosophy
- Complete Security Solutions
We are diversified in the solutions we provide:
Currently we have an open position for a Senior Alarm Systems Field Technician working out of our Oakland (Bay Area) office.
- Installation of new and service our existing burglar alarm systems.
- Respond to service requests, diagnose and troubleshoot system malfunctions of burglar alarm systems. Repair or replace the equipment in accordance to the manufacture specifications.
- Install and pull wire per specifications.
- Test all installed/serviced equipment to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacture/client requirements and monitoring station specification.
- Maintain effective communication with other technicians, project assistant and department director.
- Ability to read schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to work on different types burglar alarm panels.
- On job completion, test system and train customers on its functions.
- Ensure documenting is properly completed and submitted.
- Maintain accurate records of all work performed, materials used, expenses and communicate any problems encountered or identified with the burglar alarm systems.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- Aspire to be a leader in the field.
- 2 years’ experience in installing and configuring Burglar Alarm Systems, including but not limited to Honeywell, DSC, GE and Bosch.
- Extensive knowledge of Honeywell systems including but not limited to: Lynx 7100, Lynx 5200, Vista 20s. (Knowledge of Vista 128 and 250 is big plus)
- Experience installing: motion, glass break, leak detectors, asset, heat, co2 and smoke sensors. As well as, GSM units, zone expanders, repeaters, receivers, long range antennas, and IP modules.
- Must be experienced with both wireless and hardwired components.
- Ability to make product recommendations based on research and analytics.
- Must have clean driving record and pass background check.
- Adhere to all health and safety requirements.
- Have strong customer service skills.
- Able to work in an independent environment as well as in a team.
- Ability to lift/move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds. Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Must be able to work in the United States.
- Fluent in the English Language (Speaking and Writing).
- High School Diploma or Higher.
- Must have the ability to interact with diverse group of people.
- Be a TEAM PLAYER contributing to the continued success, growth and excellent reputation of the Company.
- Total Connect: Installing and programing Total Connect service. including knowledge of z-wave devices and operation.
- Proficient in Alarm360 and Compass programming.
- Experience working on large panels such as Vista 128 and Vista 250. (service system with 100+ zones)
- Advanced programing: Create/Identify partitions. Create custom based outputs based on job requirements. Integration with other systems such as access control and video management systems.
Successful candidates may be required to pass written tests and drug screening (to satisfy both State and in-house requirements)
Only the most qualified will be considered.
We offer one of the highest paid compensation for qualified technicians in the industry which includes Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K, paid vacation/sick leave, bi-monthly paychecks, reasonable installation schedules and Paid Training.
When applying please include "Senior Alarm Systems Field Technician" in the subject line.
Please visit our website at www.highcomsecurityservices.com
Contractor’s License #900645
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. In accordance with applicable law, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, gender, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other class protected by federal, state or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful.