Office Support Assistant
Human Resources | Oakland, CA | Full Time
HighCom Security Services, Inc is an all-inclusive, high-end security services firm locally headquartered in the Bay Area. We specialize in terrorism prevention strategies and provide the highest level of security and protective services to corporations, private organizations, government organizations and high-profile individuals. Here at HighCom we are dedicated to the success of our employees and our customers and believe our continued success is a result of the top-quality candidates we hire to join our Team!
We are currently looking for a motivated Office Support Assistant to join our team of professionals at our main office headquarters. The ideal candidate should enjoy interacting with a diverse group of people and have a positive, up-beat personality. Applicant will have a vital role as the face of the company.
- Via receptionist desk applicant will answer and direct incoming calls; quickly and efficiently screen, forward or direct calls to the appropriate extension.
- Pleasantly and professionally greet visitors face to face, employees and/or clients and assisting with scheduled appointments, meetings, applicants and interviews.
- Prepare, collect and distribute incoming / outgoing mail.
- Keep front reception area neat and presentable.
- Perform additional general administrative tasks as assigned.
- Performs data entry and data record keeping with a variety of vendors or systems. Updates vendors with employee change information (address, name, dependent, contact information).
- Produces weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the HR Department.
- Order office supplies.
- Provides stellar customer support to internal and external customers with the willingness to always to that extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist other administrative staff or departments with overflow work, including word processing, data entry and file management.
- Participates in additional departmental projects and priorities as requested.
Skills & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes highly desirable.
- Previous HR experience a plus.
- Minimum 2 years working in an office environment.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in an environment with interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Possess exceptional customer service skills and ability to interface professionally with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Must have excellent computer skills including comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products; MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook. Experience using web/cloud-based programs a plus.
- Part-Time position. Hours: M-F 8:30am-2:00pm.
- Compensation packages include medical benefits, 401k and other benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer