Low Voltage Technician
Security Systems | Oakland, CA | Full Time
Low Voltage Technician Salary $25-$40hr (Security Systems)
(Full Time - Oakland, CA)
HighCom Security Services, Inc. specializes in providing a complete range of protective services and security systems with an emphasis on counter-terrorism methods. We were founded by former military and law enforcement professionals with over 30 years of experience in counter-terror operations and crime prevention. As a leader in electronic security solutions and services we take great pride in the exceptional level of service we provide to our customers and maintain our commitment to excellence. These services include the design, installation, repair/servicing and monitoring by our UL approved secure operations center. Our success is a result of the top-quality candidates we hire to join our Team!
We provide security systems solutions with an emphasis on Surveillance systems, Intrusion systems as well as Access Control and Intercom systems.
We are currently looking for an experienced, hardworking, punctual with great attitude individual to join our group of professionals.
Compensation is based on experience $25-$40/hour
We supply all tools and uniform.
Essential duties Include:
- Install and Service Alarm Systems, Access Control System and Surveillance Systems.
- Reading and following plans, diagrams and detailed instructions
- Respond to service requests including: diagnosing system malfunctions, repair/replace/adjust equipment as required.
- Install and pull wire as needed.
- Test all installed and/or serviced equipment to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer specifications and clients' requirements. Communicate any problems encountered or identified with the alarm system(s).
- Train customers/clients on system functions, supplying a manual where possible.
- Maintain effective communication with other technicians and department director.
- Maintain accurate records of all work performed, materials used and expenses.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some technical school training is a plus (but not required)
- Previous low voltage and wiring experience required.
- Installation and programming of security alarm systems, Surveillance systems, Access Control systems and/or other equipment to specified standards
- Ability to lift/move up to 40lbs of equipment and/or tools on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform work in unusual and/or confined spaces such as scaffolding and high lift equipment (up to 40 feet), crawl spaces, etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Exhibit strong customer service skills and aspire to be a leader in the field.
- Must have a clean driving record.
Drug screening and background check required. Qualified candidates may be required to pass additional written test(s).
Interested candidates should reference "Low Voltage Technician" in the subject line.
We offer one of the highest paid compensation for qualified technicians in the industry which includes Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K, paid vacation/sick leave, bi-monthly paychecks, reasonable installation schedules and Paid Training.
Bonuses based on performance.
For more information about our company and services, please call us at (510) 893-7600 or visit our website at: www.highcomsecurityservices.com
Contractors Lic. #900645
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. In accordance with applicable law, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, gender, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other class protected by federal, state or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Please enter some information about your company here.
- Please list what you need the person to do here. Try to make these tasks sound as interesting as possible.
- Only list what’s absolutely necessary here. Try to keep it to five one-line bullets or less.
- Please list your harder requirements and "nice to haves" here. This section should be keyword-rich - i.e. please include the keywords you anticipate that job seekers will use to search for jobs on job boards.
- Please list anything that makes working for your company unique or special - i.e. Can people work from home, do you offer special benefits (company car, expense account, stock options, etc).