Experience Special Event Security Officers (CA CCW Needed)
Protective Services | Oakland, CA | Part Time and Contract
HighCom Security Services, Inc. encourages professionals in the security industry to apply for our special event security officer positions.
We are looking for an experienced Special Event Security Officer with former Law Enforcement Experience, great customer services skills and a great team player. You will join our group of professionals and work at one of our high-end events.
Specific duties include:
- Monitor, control, patrol and secure physical access to the protected event venue.
- Implement security policies and procedures related to perimeter security and oversee the safety and security of the event.
- Maintain effective communication with our team members and event coordinators.
- Identify and neutralize potential threats to personnel and property.
- Screen visitors and guests as they enter the facility according to the established standards.
- Perform crowd control.
- Allowing only authorized material in and out of the venue.
- Correcting and reporting irregular conditions.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- In case of an incident, conduct investigatory interviews, collect data for the investigation reports and provide summary to the Team Leader, Event Coordinator or Law Enforcement.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- Aspire to be a leader in the field.
- Must have a valid California Guard Card.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Able to maintain attention to detail.
- 2 years Security experience a MUST.
- Professional Appearance at all times.
- Military or Law-enforcement experience preferred but not required.
- Able to work in an independent environment as well as in a team.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Fluent in the English language (speaking and writing).
- High School diploma or higher.
- Have excellent references.
- Must have ability to interact with diverse group of people.
- Ability to listen effectively, take action and execute directions as given.
- Ability to effectively use and respond via radio.
- Ability to remain calm and focused during times of stress.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to diffuse volatile situations.
- Be a TEAM PLAYER contributing to the continued success, growth and excellent reputation of the company.
Successful candidates may be required to pass written tests and drug screening (to satisfy both state and in-house requirements)
Only the most qualified will be considered.
We offer attractive competitive hourly wage and compensation package, training programs and opportunities for advancement.
When applying please include "Event Security" in the subject.
Please visit our website at www.highcomsecurityservices.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. In accordance with applicable law, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, gender, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other class protected by federal, state or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful.