Alarm System Technician
Security Systems | Oakland, CA | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
Alarm System Technician
Full Time - Oakland, CA
HighCom Security Services is a nationwide leader of electronic security services. These services include the design, install, services and monitoring by our UL approved secure operations center. We take great pride in the exceptional level of service we provide to our customers and maintain our commitment to excellence. Our success is a result of the top quality candidates we bring to join our Team!
We offer a diversified range of services including:
- Alarm protection of residential and commercial facilities
- Access control/CCTV installation for residential and commercial
- Dynamic Proactive Security
- Complete Security Solutions for residential and commercial properties
We are currently seeking and energetic and driven Alarm System Technician to join our highly skilled team in our East Bay Area (Oakland) office!
Essential duties Include:
- Reading and following plans, diagrams and detailed instructions
- Installation and programming of security alarm systems to specified standards.
- Respond to service requests including: diagnosing system malfunctions, repair/replace/adjust equipment as required.
- Install and pull wire as needed.
- Test all installed and/or serviced equipment to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer specifications and clients' requirements.Communicate any problems encountered or identified with the alarm system(s).
- Train customers/clients on system functions, supplying a manual where possible.
- Maintain effective communication with other technicians and department director.
- Maintain accurate records of all work performed, materials used and expenses.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some technical school training is a plus
- 1-2 years experience in installing and configuring (burglary) Alarm systems preferred
- Previous low voltage and wiring experience required
- Ability to make product recommendations based on research and analytics.
- Ability to lift/move up to 40lbs of equipment and/or tools on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform work in unusual and/or confined spaces such as scaffolding and high lift equipment (up to 40 feet), crawl spaces, etc.
- Ability to understand new technologies and adapt to new concepts quickly.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Exhibit strong customer service skills and aspire to be a leader in the field.
- Must have a clean driving record.
Drug screening and background check required. Qualified candidates may be required to pass additional written test(s).
We offer on of the highest starting compensation rates for qualified technicians in the industry plus benefits that include Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K, Vacation, reasonable work schedules, paid Training and additional paid time off benefits.
For more information about our company and services, please visit our website at: www.highcomsecurityservices.com