Sr. HR Generalist
Human Resources | Midland, TX | Full Time
Hi-Crush Partners LP (HCLP), a publicly traded industrial sand company, is recruiting qualified candidates for a Sr. HR Generalist in Midland, Texas. Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
Performs Human Resources duties at the professional level and carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas at designated company facilities: recruitment and staffing, employee relations, training, employment, performance, engagement, and other HR programs.
* Work directly with the business leaders to ensure critical people processes (onboarding, promotions, transfers, terminations, etc.) are effectively and efficiently completed/documented
* Provide line management with advice and options for improving organizational effectiveness, productivity and working practices in line with the business/people strategy
* Lead the recruitment staffing for PropStream, recruit, screen and onboard employees to meet PropStream staffing demands.; Maintains ongoing attentiveness of the current staffing status and drives recruiting initiatives within the business
* Partner with the HR functional areas to implement new HR initiatives/programs (e.g., compensation structural changes, HRIS programs and systems training, management training)
* Partner with the talent and recruitment function to provide ongoing strategic coaching to internal customer groups as related to succession planning, career path development and performance management
* Partner with the HR functional areas to actively guide internal customer groups through the annual salary planning and performance management processes
* Work with Safety staff with to assist with workers’ compensation issues, including reasonable accommodation.
* Assists with drug screening in regards to post-accident and reasonable suspicion.
* Act as the primary point of contact for assigned employee relations matters; conduct/document internal investigations and deliver disciplinary actions as required
* Act as a consultant to management and employees for employment law, Human Rights law and state employment/labor standards issues
* Work with management and HR functional areas, as appropriate, in the event of a company re-organization or re-structure; address management change and help to maintain employee productivity without an adverse impact on regulatory / legal compliance, company reputation or employee engagement
* Educate the business regarding HR policies and programs and ensure compliance
* Identify ongoing needs or problems that require research, analysis and resolution in order to meet the changing business requirements
* Work with various stakeholders on new HR policy development
* Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required
* Participate in visits to work sites outside of assigned areas as directed
* Travel to PropStream worksites in Permian Basin region to assist in HR related matters (approximately 75%)
* Ensure that the termination process is communicated and followed, to include termination documentation and exit interviews
* Ensure retention tracking is complete and accurate & conduct retention analyses as required
* Build strong relationships with all levels of the organization
* Participate in special HR projects and perform other duties as assigned
Experience/ Skills Requirements
* 8+ years HR Generalist experience in energy, oilfield services or logistics sectors
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful
* General knowledge of the principles and practices of human resource administration; knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of human resource management.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office
* Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness as a self-starter.
* Manages multiple assignments simultaneously and has strong organizational skills.
* Understands business operations as well as basic corporate accounting, finance, management principles.
* Has a professional image and forms good partner relationships across functions.
* Demonstrates strategic thinking about business initiatives with an entrepreneurial spirit.
* Excellent presentation skills and ability to engage audiences.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
* Builds relationships and works well across functions.
* Can work independently, as well as with a team.
* Willing to travel to PropStream work sites within the Permian Basin on a regular basis; may also cover operations in East Texas.
* Wears required PPE, i.e. Safety glasses, hardhat, auditory, respirator, steel toe boots, etc. at all times when required.
* Bachelor degree in Business Administration / Human Resources or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
Certification - PREFERRED and license
* PHR or SPHR
* Valid state driver’s license with no serious violations within the previous five years.