Accounting | Houston, TX | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
- Assists in the monthly closing processes and provides high quality, timely, and accurate information for the team and supporting functions
- Oversees general ledger accounting, including review, identification and correction of any significant or unusual postings.
- Communicates with finance and operations personnel to diagnose any issues to ensure proper application in the future.
- Maintains close calendars and checklists to ensure all accounting close functions are completed accurately and on-time.
- Prepares, reviews and proactively monitors general ledger transactions to ensure accuracy of transactions. Ensures that information is timely, accurate and relevant.
- Analyzes operational and financial data, prepares and reviews actual to budget and standard cost variance analysis and prepares trend and operational analysis.
- Collaborates with financial reporting analysts in the preparation of monthly reporting packages via business reporting software tool.
- Prepares and reviews balance sheet account reconciliations, identifies opportunities to improve the process.
- Prepares elimination, consolidation, and other monthly journal entries
- Communicates with purchasing personnel, logistics and other departments to ensure timely and accurate execution of purchasing activities.
- Identifies opportunities to further utilize, leverage and automate processes via ERP system.
- Provides support for SEC reporting process as needed.
- Coordinates with relevant process owners to maintain internal control process flows.
- Assists in research, analysis and preparation of technical accounting memos and references
- Ensures transactions are recorded in accordance with company policies and control
- Completes other special projects as needed
- Processes improvement orientation to drive enhanced efficiency and effectiveness
- Supports ongoing continuous improvement initiatives by demonstrating individual accountability, continuous process improvement and teamwork.
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting
- 5+ years accounting experience,
- Experience with financial reporting, cost accounting, and management reports
- Strong accounting and analytical skills, and technical ability in financial information systems.
- Ability to meet all deadlines
- Excellent oral, written (including email), and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and highly detail-oriented and organized
- Advanced skillset in Microsoft Excel
- Committed to leverage ERP system as opposed to utilizing manual spreadsheets or schedules
- Ability to multi-task, think strategically, and prioritize critical tasks, assignments
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrushpartners.com