Senior Systems Administrator
IT | Houston, TX | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Infrastructure, the Senior Systems Administrator will support existing IT systems and bring new ideas and will work closely with IT, external departments, and providers to design, implement, and ensure quality delivery of services.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for applications and servers.
- Provide support of existing applications, transition other applications to hosting providers, and implement new solutions.
- Integrate enterprise applications with cloud services to ensure seamless delivery of data to all users.
- Provide tier 3 support for issues escalated from the helpdesk.
- Project Implementations – SharePoint, Windows Azure, Office 365
- Share on-call support duties
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background:
- 3+ years managing Dell EqualLogic and Compellent SANs
- 3+ years Veeam backups
- Manage Trend Anti-Virus
- Knowledge and experience with cloud-based architectures and delivery models
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server operating systems
- Strong Microsoft Hypervisor experience
- Experience with SAN and NAS devices
- Experience with TCP/IP, WAN/LAN, VPN, switches, and routers
- High level of experience with AD
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience managing IT server and application projects
- Strong Exchange, O365 experience
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and maintaining server systems and network infrastructure related issues
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Background
- Cloud concepts, Web Services and API's (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience in cloud-based setups and tools Solid understanding and experience in system/network security
- Bachelor's degree in computer technology or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of progressive experience in system administration and architecture
- 5+ years related work experience with Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS Windows, Virtual Machines, Server OS and Cloud architecture