Senior Safety Specialist
PropStream Operations | Odessa, TX | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
Position Summary: This position is based within the Permian Basin. This position will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and administering the safety compliance program for Hi-Crush PropStream operations. This position will perform regular evaluations to assess potential health and safety related issues with respect to general industry best practices and OSHA regulations in an industrial setting and where compliance is not found, take the actions necessary to ensure a return to compliance. This position will assist managers and operators in understanding the health and safety regulatory obligations within the assigned area of responsibility. This position may also work with consultants, the public, local officials, state agencies, and the federal government.
- Ensure that departmental and company goals and objectives are achieved by participating in short and long-range planning activities.
- Contribute to the health and safety of Hi-Crush employees in the development and implementation of effective health and safety programs.
- Ensure daily monitoring for strict compliance with the safety requirements associated with associated regulations and jobsite rules and procedures.
- Provide prompt notification to management and of all health and safety related incidents or other deviations from the corporate health and safety program; develop,maintain,and distribute initial incident reports, root cause analysis, and other key performance indicators.
- Maintain an up to date OSHA 300 log, Annual OSHA 300 summary, and posting of OSHA complaints or reportable incidents as required.
- Conduct routine safety audits and report assocaited findings, conclusions and recommendations in a timely manner.
- Conduct and attend weekly safety meetings at the sites.
- Develop and implement safety policies and procedures to achieve zero injuries and maintain full compliance with regulatory requirements in health and safety (i.e. OSHA, housekeeping, etc.).
- Assist in administration of company alchohol and drug screening program.
- Conduct safety inspections and audits to proactively assess safety and health risks associated with equipment, materials, processes and facilities.
- Prepare statistics and reports relevant to Company health and safety programs.
- Assist in development of emergency preparedness plans and provide specific guidance in implementation of the plan. Conduct training and drills for employees regarding the emergency preparedness plan.
- Ensure that proper personal protective equipment is available and utilized by all employees.
- Promote safety and health awareness through internal company health and safety newsletters and memoranda.
- Conduct new hire orientation and training.
- Educate and train employees and contractors on OSHA required health and safety programs along with required annual refresher trainings.
- Assist in health and safety efforts in other business units within the company as required
- Perform industrial hygiene evaluations, such as air, noise, and ergonomic to ensure that working conditions are within allowable limits.
- Bachelor of Science degree with a concentration in health and safety preferred.
- Minimum of five (3) years safety related work experience in the oilfield service sector, or other similar industry that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts.
- Familiarity with and ability to interpret regulatory agency guidance, policy, and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience within required safety and health procedures, first aid methods, and state and federal health and safety laws required.
- Data entry/database navigation; word processing; spreadsheets; plan/drawing reviews
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to work with and train others
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulation in an industrial setting
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to comprehend and manage general instructions, procedures, and calculations
- Work in this position is performed at hydraulic fracturing work sites and is subject to mandatory, regular medical screening as outlined in the company safety programs that is position related and consistent with business necessity.
- Safety Glasses and Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and Fire retardant outerwear must be worn when working around hydraulic fracturing sites.
- Ability to sit, stand, reach, stoop, and lift boxes weighing as much as 25 pounds.
- To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, the essential functions or the employment related responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions or employment related responsibilities of the job to the fullest extent required under federal and state law except where doing so would result in a direct threat of harm to the employee or third party or an undue hardship on the Company.
Benefits: Hi-Crush is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
Learn more about Hi-Crush at www.hicrushpartners.com