Senior Parts and Purchasing Specialist
PropStream Operations | Odessa, TX | Full Time
About Us: Hi-Crush is a leading domestic producer, supplier, and distributor of premium Northern White frac sand used to enhance recovery rates of oil and natural gas from hydraulic fracturing wells.
Title: Senior Parts and Purchasing Specialist
Location: Odessa, Texas
Reports to: Director PropStream Services
The Parts and Purchasing Specialist will be accountable for coordinating and controlling last mile solutions inventory materials in order to provide required customer service and a better response to marketing demands, which can result in growth and increased profits with a minimum inventory investment. Oversees and ensures the continuous supply of components utilizing “lean manufacturing” procurement techniques to ensure 100% availability with minimal working capital investment. This position will support strategic sourcing initiatives specifically related to the purchase of parts and materials and will oversee a parts depot/warehouse. Maintain the required stock to ensure that the business is not interrupted due to unknown availability of the necessary material.
· Responsible for purchasing of products, materials, inventory planning and logistics.
· Develop total cost reduction strategy and implement aggressive cost reduction programs in support of the total cost of ownership.
· Negotiate “Lean” agreements with strategic suppliers/vendors including lead-time, flex fence capability, and risk definition for inventory in pipeline, QDC metrics/goals, and year over year productivity targets.
· Coordinate materials and continuous material supply flow with emphasis on flow system implementation.
· Understand and utilize KanBan lean manufacturing software, safety stock, and lead-time reduction.
· Plan and implement processes related to cost-inventory control, planning, and qualify management systems of production materials.
· Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures, and implement solutions.
· Guarantee a continuously adequate inventory supply, establish and maintain 4-6 digit inventory turns, and control the level of backorders.
· Forecast inventory levels on a rolling 90 day go-forward so as to forecast inventory levels and cash flow needs.
· Provide the required level of finished parts for all projects and ensures the availability of parts, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels.
· Maintain supplier development including on-going supplier feedback, supplier scorecard implementation, and supplier corrective action processes with supply base rationalization.
· Plan, order, and maintain all consignment material and all bin control and bar stock items.
· Ensure proper inventory levels to meet company objectives.
· Work with consignment vendors to establish payment terms, reconcile inventory levels and perform physical inventory counts.
· Monitor receiving into and out of consignment.
· Monitor, maintain and keep open work order file current.
· Monitor, measure and improve inventory accuracy.
· Plan and maintain workload for the cycle counter. Maintain exemption from physical inventory.
· Confirm cycle count sheet accuracy.
· Review all adjustments to the inventory and confirm the physical check of all functions and adjustments prior to items sent out. Prepare a weekly report. Review all daily transaction errors and assign responsibility for correction.
· Support the disposal of obsolete and excess material. Review excess and obsolete report on quarterly basis. Support QA and Engineering for the determination on what should be scrapped, reworked into something usable, returned to a vendor or possibly sold.
· Plan and coordinate with accounting, and administrate the physical inventory.
· Confirm that all buyer codes are assigned in the item masters.
· Confirm that all supplier lead times are updated quarterly.
· Communicate with PropStream and FB departments to understand the requirement of the material to be purchased.
· Plan, develop, and maintain procedures to maintain control of material ordered, received, issued, and disposed of and/or recycled.
· Organize the disposal of material (oil, hydraulic fluid, etc.); disposal of material must be done in compliance with Federal and State solid waste Regulations.
· Bachelor's Degree (B.A.,B.S.) strongly desired; APICS certification or CPIM a plus
· 5-7 years of experience in a related purchasing and materials management role with direct experience with all phases of inventory control
· Mechanical aptitude and equipment maintenance experience in the oilfield service sector; strong mechanical knowledge of maintenance procedures and machinery functions (uni-belt/dual-belt conveyors, electric conveyors, hydraulics, welding and fabricating)
· Strong technical skills in Lean Manufacturing techniques, Kaizen, Process Improvement, freight and distribution, materials management and production scheduling with demonstrated experience is similar positions
· Problem analysis and problem resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level
· Requires ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
· Strong customer orientation
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Advanced Computer proficiency with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP systems